Exiting Playtest Occassionally Starts a Local Server

When I am doing a local playtest session, I notice that rarely when I go to stop playing said playtest, a local server session will suddenly spawn. This is quite frustrating, as I am not trying to create a local server session, I just wanted to stop playing the game. This results in me having to spend multiple minutes trying to close the local server.

I believe this happens because I sometimes spam click the stop button. This results in it processing it as me pressing the start button for the playtest, even though it was not in front of my cursor when I was pressing down. In the video I provided, you can see me spam click the stop button a few times. After I stop clicking, it appears that I click the start button for the local server, but I never actually clicked at that part.

I’ve also taken a physical video to show what I am doing with my mouse.

Expected behavior

The start button for the local server should not be triggered.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hello - looks like this is because of the additional “client/server” switch button inserted into the toolbar when the test stops, shifting the position and causing your click to go off target.

We’re going to be rolling out a new design for the toolbar later this summer, this issue will be addressed then. One possible option until then would be to use a hot key, currently defaulted to Shift-F5.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.