Experience search not accurately displaying experiences

Reproduction Steps

When you search for Ore Mining Sim or Mining Simulator the experience I am looking for will not appear.

I am trying to find my game “Ore Mining Simulator”.

Expected Behavior

I would expect my experience to show up considering the full name is Ore Mining Simulator. People will often search Ore Mining Sim or even Mining Simulator for short instead of typing the full name.

Actual Behavior

For some reason when you don’t type the full name with the exact spelling, the experience will not show. But instead Roblox displays other games with less players, sometimes 0 players and Often times these games have nothing to do with Mining.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Discover - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-15 00:11:00 (+00:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-11-21 00:11:00 (+00:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you are affected by this very serious, and ongoing issue with Discovery on the Roblox website.

Potentially Related:

@Roblox we need this to be addressed asap. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Thank you for your inquiry!

Our search ranking algorithms are designed to consider query term match as well as user engagement in relation to the issued query. That means in certain cases, an experience may be ranked above some more popular experiences if it gets higher engagement from a given query.

In this particular case, it appears that the experience is not showing up due to the game has relatively low engagement recently.

We can still find the game through exact match: Discover - Roblox

We continually work to refine our algorithms to balance relevancy and engagement, ensuring quality content is easily discoverable. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.