Experience Search showing no results due to shadow banned keywords?

Searching for a game title that includes the following keywords will end up showing no results at all which can affect potential players from finding your experience.

I also noticed that we can’t update our game title to revert back from having [UPDATE] in the game title due to this issue since we have one of the keywords above in our game title.

Expected behavior

The search results would show experiences from the search term.

3 Likes

The root issue here is that the filter is incorrectly flagging certain words as inappropriate and censoring them, which has been reported in this post.

1 Like

I’ve looked at that, and it appears that Roblox would replace the term with hashtags if it is censored, which is not the case here.

1 Like

Just checked on this and it seems Roblox has removed these words from the filter, hence why you can now search for them. The filter seems to be global, meaning if a word is filtered in the chat, for example, it’ll return no results when you try and search for it on the site, and vice versa.

Also, I don’t recall ever seeing this behavior. I believe they just return no results for filtered words.

This means this issue has now been resolved. :smile:

Hi all, thanks for this report! It does appear that this is fixed now, I am able to search for each of the queries you mentioned and get some results back.
We are looking into why this happened to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. Thanks again for the report!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.