Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This is so unfair!
People will be very upset!

1 Like

cuz many players still don’t know the update

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

1 Like

not everyone uses the devforum even the “IMA REPORT U” children dont know its real

1 Like

The UGC update to everyone/most people was kind of a mistake…

1 Like

you may want to move discussion of the r6 deprecation to the appropriate topic, as while both are, in my opinion, dreadful changes, this topic is mostly unrelated to that, aside from roblox blatantly trying to kill classic / r6 games off…

1 Like

if this gets live then we all need to definitly listen guys trust me (nah its bad we dont need that)

1 Like

This update is a bit bad because the avatar part is the love of a large audience of Roblox. If it is removed, it would be a huge loss of mass. R15 Avatars should not be made mandatory.

1 Like

how is this related to the announcement

1 Like

what

1 Like

Like fr now @zett120176roblox, if you want to talk about these problems then create your own topic and spam it as much as necessarily.

Others, Kreek made a explaining video about it. Explaining the topic in a easy to understand language!! https://youtu.be/X5vqPV32_zM?si=yu-BdEMNoopibW5f

1 Like

Guys lay off of him, he moved his topic to another post most likely.

1 Like

I use catalog items to build my morphs. The vast majority of my games are morph-based, and the ones that aren’t use catalog items for NPCs. I think this just about justifies my friends and I moving to another platform, because we no longer have a safe space in Roblox to recreate our imagined worlds to play in.

4 Likes

This is the most trashy thing I’ve seen you guys do in a while (other than letting people litterly create 3d faces when they aren’t even 3D and still accept them)… I can tell you right now that nobody wants this “update”… Stop doing things like this. LISTEN to your community. Nobody asked for this, nobody wants this but you.

5 Likes

As much as I agree with you, Roblox isn’t going to listen. They’re a big corporation that doesn’t care about us players very much.

3 Likes

And that’s exactly the reason why everyone hates Roblox now. Why make a really good running gaming platform with a great community and catalog with thousands of items to choose from, so garbage. I just don’t understand. Currently the catalog is full of ugly, rushed, terrible items and Roblox just keeps accepting more and more of it and meanwhile they think us TRYING items BEFORE buying them, is a bad thing? The fact people can try things on before actually buying them is a good thing. There is way too many broken items on the catalog like for example 90% of 3d clothing.

2 Likes

Is it appropriate to use “GetItemDetails” for assets instead of “CatalogSearchParams” in the marketplace to determine if they are available for use, such as detecting if “UnitsAvailableForConsumption” is above 0 or is nil? And also if “PriceStatus” is nil, then the item would be valid to be equipped. Abiding by the rules of the post before the rule set in 27, I’m receiving minimal information from the post regarding these two requirements. I’m uncertain if I will receive helpful information from Roblox staff.

1 Like

Another screwup by ROBLOX yet again, this is gonna have some drastic effects on the platform. Great work ROBLOX, you’re slowly murdering your platform, one policy at a time.

5 Likes

i mean yea it might be new people but its like every other company as a busniess owner you have to continue to have insource of items to sell there for roblox gets paid based on purchases of robux and dev exing and items so the less people throw there money at a company the less they will make you have to think look at the railroad rn they hire people for 4 -6 months then fire them all right now they have done doubled up lengths of trains to move cars becuse they dont have alot of workers why becuse they fired them to keep the investors happy the more investors throw and the more customers throw money at companys the more money they get in which they have full say of what to do with the updates sadly the way it works is that the companys reaches out to those who hold stocks in them they talk back and fourth till they find a agreement line there for company makes money the investor makes money in return the investor throws more to the company unless the company makes a bad decision which causes both to loose money then thats where they go and find the middle line but if no one buys goods and wants sadly the busniess falls fast but like i said above if we all reach out and tell them look this update or that update will not only affect us but it will hurt them too i think thats where we would have to do a eye opener for them becuse rn the % is players on pc and the other half is more likley to be on console but more people that leaves the platform roblox will see they messed up and then its split road

2 Likes

please don’t even consider bringing this back. this is the stupidest idea to ever exist and will destroy your platform singlehandedly. i understand wanting to respect intellectual property but literally just allow UGC creators to define how they want their products used in games and leave everything else alone. roblox wants to take the catalog that’s been developed for the past 18 years and throw it all away for these terrible new modern AI metaverse garbage packages, animated faces, layered clothing, which they look cool and it’s fine if you want to use it and all but not everyone wants to. in fact there are a very small percentage of users that unironically will use these things, so leave people alone and let us use what we want. stop hiding from your past for no reason. these updates make this platform soulless and lifeless like every other corporation in existence. you have the chance to at least have some soul and allow users to be creative and use assets from the past 18 years instead of hiding it away and pretending you guys never had blocky r6 avatars with actual life and creativity behind them. why hide from it? why are you so scared of it? just let the users have their own choice. i understand deprecating older avatar features, but removing them entirely and banning users for using old assets is the stupidest thing you could possibly have thought of. not to mention giving them 1 week to fix it. whoever thought of something this drastic in the first place should be fired without exception.

7 Likes