Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

GEAR Example Solution: Instead of everyone has to update or remove the Radio gear from their games Roblox could just update it and make the radio gear so that we cant insert random audios and can only play the official audios of Roblox and they could bring it back onsale with this change. So many famous games have the Radio gear, and for the few other off-sale gears they took off sale for good reasons, they could just rework or completly change them to something different.

UGC Example Solution: UGC Creators could have a setting in the configuration of every item so they set it to Copy Allowed or Copy not allowed.

And what about Statues of top 3 players from leaderboards…?

I POSTED THIS REPLY AFTER THEY PAUSED THE POLICY UPDATE

Edit: By the few other gears i mean for example the “Historic ‘Timmy’ Gun” and the others that they took off-sale recently for child-friendly reasons.

2 Likes

Have you thought about, not rolling it out? no way such a blatantly bad idea had that much monetary backing that you can’t just cancel it.

8 Likes

if roblox truly cared about us and our feedback, they would cancel the policy entirely, re-evaluate the positions of the people making decisions like these, and then apologize and never do anything of the sort again.

if you ask me, i think they’ll just enforce this policy anyway in a months time and make it everybody elses problem. catalog games will be banned, classics such as swordfighting games or brickbattle games will also inevitably be banned. games doing as little as using roblox assets ( faces especially ), which have been available for public use for literal decades will also be banned.

but you know, it’s all for the community and protecting developer IP, am i right?

8 Likes

I really disagree with this new update,So My catalog avatar in my roleplay game is breaking the rules right? because it has 2D faces!.I hate this new update ROBLOX should add a voting to let people vote and tell ROBLOX if we agree with this new update or not.

I disagree.

5 Likes

It’s not as if they don’t fully care about us. From my understanding they just want this policy in order to licence their own assets. They basically make their own stuff copyrighted now.

It’s important to say that in this case It’s only about items players wear! You still can use any assets for decorating or NPCs.

1 Like

npcs without face is like scp 3008 lmao.

3 Likes

Roblox I don’t know who got this idea or which team,but you need to focus on others things and not about this dumb idea…

3 Likes

Wrong, you still can use any faces for NPCs. But you can’t make it possible for a player to equip a face without having the ability to purchase it.

1 Like

I didn’t said anything about npc

1 Like

It might work who knows?

I hope roblox won’t update

2 Likes

This update is garbage, and encouraging players to snitch is even more garbage. I have some custom armor models that were made to be used in my game(s) and my game(s) ONLY, but someone could say they look like assets that are off the Marketplace and report my game, and I’d have to appeal a blatantly false accusation that resulted in a blatantly false moderation action

9 Likes

This is the probaly the worst update since the audio privacy thing. It’s really upsetting that these things are constantly being approved by your upper management without ANY involvement from the community. Please just realize that these stupid ideas will eventually destroy what is left of roblox development anyways

7 Likes

Now that I look at it in more detail (and think about how Roblox operates) they just seem to want to force developers into encouraging their audience into buying more Robux. If that’s the case, that’s a really scummy business move to say the least.

1 Like

is roblox seriously trying to ban catalog games like catalog avatar creator???

2 Likes

Yes, the free ones. And i do not agree with this. AND WHO THE HELL CAME OUT WITH THIS IDEA???

2 Likes

The audio update, while terrible, at least made sense. ROBLOX was getting a lot of legal heat from users uploading a ton of copyrighted audio. If sucks, yes, but it made sense.

2 Likes

There are a few articles on the DevForum discussing some of the recent game algorithm searches, and how it seems like ROBLOX is rewarding the ones with high revenue/monetization in that regard. They have always done it but it seems like they are trying to force it so that only games that encourage / require users to spend robux are pushed.

ROBLOX had pretty disappointing financial numbers this year / quarter IIRC and are trying to reverse the trend.

1 Like

some bad admin? (also my pc gave up on roblox game client (robloxplayerbeta) and crashes the store version 5 minutes after pc boot)

1 Like

Roblox did it again. Making sad, sad changes to the platform.

Perhaps UGC creator can make their items and choose a setting allowing people to put their item into Catalog Editor games

1 Like

i hope catalog avatar creator doesnt die because then muneeb is sad (im not joking)

1 Like