Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

please link i need to join

characterlimit

1 Like

where is it. I need it. please.

1 Like

there was a discord server for the animated face thread shitposters i might make oine for this one

1 Like

im stealing that meme thanks redy

2 Likes

all our accounts will be deleted in a week for taking part in the shitpost lmao

2 Likes

This kind of change is not a good move for any developer using any catalog item for any customization. Some games might use things for generic avatars like hats, and if those NPC avatars or player avatars (that could be just the default character) could seriously mess up the flow of gameplay. Any item you include in the game would have to be listed immediately when you see it, or have it equipped.

Imagine spawning in as a default character and being bombarded with “This character uses the following items. Would you like to purchase them?” There would be no reason to have this kind of change in the first place, and if it is as much an issue as it is stated to be then a list can be provided if the user so requests.

This change is completely unexpected and does not help anyone trying to make any kind of game on ROBLOX.

2 Likes

my friends fursona, but still works, anyway BOYCOT ROBLOX

1 Like

My guess is that it would be fine since I’m pretty sure this applies only to games where you specifically equip items yourself.

1 Like

I am fully ready for that i hope this place gets an entire revamp its so cancer

2 Likes

WE GOING OUT WITH A BANG THEN
:speaking_head: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

tell him from my behalf that it’s a nice sona

1 Like

david baszucki was turned into a reptile from zuckerbergs metaverse virus

3 Likes

So many games rely on using gears for assets that they cannot make, a good case in point is people especially back then using gear sounds, and retexturing gears to come up with new creative ideas. There are also games that use the older aesthetic to set a theme. This is a useless solution that will do nothing but destroy developers.

3 Likes

Dun dun dun

6 Likes

goodbye any game with admin commands i guess…:wave:

I hope Roblox is able to sort this out and clarify the wording. Just a tiny bit worrying for our games :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this won’t affect gears, but I may have read it wrong

1 Like

Oh my god.

You guys, they could be telling the truth. Maybe this is a huge TROLL.

1 Like

why didnt we protest this much for the audio update

2 Likes

If someone from Roblox is reading this wondering how this all could have been prevented, please continue to consider that Community feedback should be part of the decision making process

This is one of the loudest feedback threads in a very long time and for good reason. If you had actually talked to developers prior to this, maybe it wouldn’t had been so bad. Respect the community and take the long road by enabling more views earlier into the process.

Other top devs have made better points than me on the specifics.

13 Likes

i think we need some more clarification on what counts as things we need to make a purchase prompt for

hi qsp

1 Like