without the offensive memes and cat pictures

1 Like

better than nothing, to be honest

1 Like

whos writing essays i see your pfp at the bottom

1 Like

whatsapp loudly crying emoji face image

1 Like

hi mr arsenal please giv free skin for boycotting roblox!!

1 Like

just as the way god intended
anarchy is the natural order

2 Likes

ive seen some pretty terrible stuff here already

1 Like

Bad update, I want my money back. Please understand what developers want first, especially since you could have talked with devs at RDC.

2 Likes

probably everyone at this point

1 Like

does this mean if a player chooses a class, then they spawn with a uniform in a game, do they have to buy the items? doesnt seem likely but it would be a horrible idea.

2 Likes

Multiple genres of games are going to have to switch up everything within a week,

Catalogue games, roleplay games, heck even games that use retextures.

It’s just shocking how consistent roblox is with giving us these massive changes WITH A WEEKS NOTICE

It’s apauling and I’m getting sick of it.

3 Likes

lmao there wouldve been something PHYSICAL if this was announced at RDC
JUST TO GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT

2 Likes

If ROBLOX is gonna make big changes like these in such a small period of time, it should be on THEM to create the tools to go through this change smoothly clearly they’re not considerate on how long this could possibly take, and it really shouldn’t be up to us to do this. There should be better stuff put in place to protect creators for these new rules

Also let’s talk about how vague this post is and how confusing it is. It’s not April yet by the way.

4 Likes

Still, im not laughing. Roblox just seems to have lost all community thought.

1 Like

reposting one last time but i did the thing that someone did for the animated face protest (made a discord) 3QN6nS4j if i get banned then uhhhhhh

1 Like

this update is horrible do better roblox

1 Like

I dont think Roblox understand this.

If they manage to piss off the entire community, they’ll all move to a better solution like Unreal Engine. They need to listen to us and stop trying to please investors. If the entire developer community leaves for Unreal, that means the existing popular games will be forced to become outdated or be taken down. What happens then? No players. What happens when there are no players. No investors, which means no money. Roblox needs to listen ot us right now before the entire community leaves. I’m learning Unreal because I’m so fed up with Roblox’s horrible ownership and decision making at this point. All of my active projects will be fored to shut down, which means no money and no funding anymore.

4 Likes

this has nothing to do with nick and tian iirc, this is only higher ups changing policies.

don’t blame them

4 Likes

These are the sorts of sweeping changes that obliterate trust, culture, brand identity, and creativity. Whoever is pushing this through doesn’t seem to understand anything about Roblox as a platform or the creative process in general. Totally alienating.

My perception of the UGC Catalog has always been that when uploading assets, most creators come to accept that their work can be scraped and used by people in their work, with a standard moral ethic being to provide credits to creators that you use content from. As far as I have ever heard, nobody has ever had a real public concern with that perception. This is a terrible solution to a problem that hardly exists.

6 Likes

This Announcement should have never released, the fact that it did says a lot.

2 Likes