Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This will kill older games with no support, like Clear Skies Over Milwaukee. The wording is so vague that i’m unsure what i’m even supposed to change. Developers i’m sure are in a panic right now, including myself, as you’re saying games will be taken down for doing something that has been done on your platform for years now.

Literally nobody wants this update, please change your mind.

4 Likes

Im not tryna get banned my fellow devforumians

3 Likes

Roblox you gotta make this better, listen to the community, listen to me, listen to someone, you can make this from MASSIVE DOWNFALL L to okay-ish, by making an update for UGC creators to either allow their off-sale item to appear in experiences, or remove this idea altogether :slight_smile:

as a owner of a team, and a game dev myself, I am disappointed, most of my clothing assets, from my team and I are offsale and are try on in-experiences, now we cannot test them in game, unfair

3 Likes

Roblox Revert this now.

Its awful and has no benefit for anyone, No One Asked.

2 Likes

no one here realizes but all those crappy roleplay games that never get updated will soon cease to exist

2 Likes

Is there any benefits to this? There are a lot of unique UGCs and Limiteds that are off-sale that I get inspired from. Also isn’t the “All item Limited” update coming soon? Wouldn’t that turn the catalog into a ghost town when every item is sold out (zero-quantity)?

2 Likes

roblox needs to rethink this update and also there team also.

2 Likes

If KreekCraft is calling it the dumbest pile of defecation that he’s ever seen…

There is alot wrong with this. like, alot alot.

3 Likes

We cannot take it anymore.
Everybody book your flights to SFO…

(just kidding, I don’t think that’s gonna work and there’s too much crime over there)

3 Likes

This is an incredibly AWFUL policy update.

This decision was made with zero warning and or communication with developers. This change sounds great on paper for UGC, but it also applies to Roblox IP? So what this implies, I can’t have Roblox made catalog assets (like faces, hats, etc.) in my game unless I prompt a little UI along the lines of “Like this item? BUY IT!” and if it’s offsale, it’s a complete no-go to begin with? This change is completely devastating if it also includes Roblox IP. Roblox IP should be fair game on this platform, I should be able to use Roblox content freely. If I want my own character customization using Roblox made assets without relying on Roblox’s avatars, I absolutely should be able to. It’s completely fair to respect intellectual property with UGC but Roblox IP should be fair game.

Do better.

6 Likes

5 Likes

casually playing the entirety of super ghostbusters while writing this because this is just THAT stupid

4 Likes

I know I don’t speak for everyone, nor anyone on the team involved with this chance but the best way forward is simply forgetting this policy change and don’t try doing something like this again. Stop forcing people to try using the new realistic humanoids, no one likes them.

5 Likes

Millions of experiences will be affected
Awful Policy time to do this in
Awful Policy Updates That No One Asked For.
Makes No Sense Either.

Just Remove Them And Revert This

The entire community hates you enough already roblox

4 Likes

watermark

9 Likes

in the faq it states to report games that use roblox’s items

4 Likes

This change feels so unreasonable, pretty sure this is fine as it is right now lol

2 Likes

Rip Retrostudio. It’s hilarious they were considered for an award a few years ago and Roblox does this to them.

2 Likes

Combined with this update I hope his items doesn’t go limited.

4 Likes

Truly a greed moment. Makes you worry for the continued future of this platform.

2 Likes