Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Is idtech in there? It better be in there,.,.

1 Like

Roblox moderators hello how’s your amazing day

2 Likes

A better way to execute this update would’ve been to instead require credit to external marketplace assets in some sort of UI. Not taking down games because they have an offsale item. What more is there to think about???

2 Likes

Roblox Revert This Now, I Dont Need To Summarize The Community’s Response For You Again.

1 Like

Very nice change to keep people from using other’s items without their consent. For example, if someone’s item was ripped from the marketplace and used in an experience like Kaiju Paradise, the item creator can simply force them to remove said item.

One thing though, I feel like 1 week is too little time. I think it would suffice much better if it were extended to 2 weeks.

2 Likes

…Why?

I don’t know how or why this change is needed and this post does little to inform me (or seemingly the other 1000 replies to this post). The post could have been received an awful lot better if it provided more explanation. All of the recently announced marketplace policies have been great apart from this one which is unclear.

1 Like

kaiju paradise

Oh. That’s a rabbit hole we DON’T need to traverse here.

2 Likes

It’s in RetroStudio.

I have to lengthen my post, So here’s a random hot take of mine: Firefox is better.

3 Likes

So I can’t use the meshes of roblox-made hats and gears in my games anymore??? wtf???

1 Like

Everyone says they will leave Roblox after an update yet they all stay. :skull:

4 Likes

HORRIBLE UPDATE:

1. This harms any creator making a game with avatar customization as it will be too tedious and nobody is actually planning on buying the items.
  2. THIS HELPS NOBODY.
  3. Bloating the player with more UI spam.
  4. We have to redo all our games (Especially people who own several studios)

What you did good at:

1. Attempting to make a good update but ultimately failing.
5 Likes

pretty good take tbh

4 Likes

so based but have you considered qutebrowser

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m entirely leaving but this is surely putting a few good gunshot wounds in the game I wanted to make.

2 Likes

DO NOT MENTION THAT GAME EVER AGAIN :speaking_head: :recycle:

4 Likes

This is beyond stupid that reading the announcement makes me cringe with how embarrassing it really is.

1 Like

Only fools support this update, solely because it gives them unnessecary and unneeded power.
[SLIGHT CORRECTION: Only that really, weird one behind that Changed knockoff]

1 Like

aye man thats just the way it goes since roblox is essentially a monopoly

3 Likes

Yeah, same. I’m making a game like Plates of Fate which uses a ton of Roblox gears so this is absolutely wild.

3 Likes

Welp say goodbye unless we get this over turned tbh!

1 Like