Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

In solidarity we stand strong. In martyrdom we fall with grace.

3 Likes

Honestly, with many terrible and rushed updates, its impossible to know Robloxā€™s true intentions right now.

Every update gets worse and worse, and this is the last straw.

I literally had to ping over 100 people in my Discord that the game Iā€™ve been working to release for MONTHS is being dropped because of this new standard. My game is comprised of UGC accessories and I donā€™t know what could happen to my account. I could be banned even for just speaking out against it.

5 Likes

Yeah, I literally do not have the time to undo this in a week. I would have to deconstruct our entire character customisation system, compensate players for a game pass that allows them to use their own avatar*, and then figure out a system to ban all intrusive and gamebreaking UGC accessories.

Iā€™m not doing that in a week.

*We sell ā€œbring your avatarā€ as a game pass because it nullifies all avatar-related progression, items and our customiserā€™s features immediately. Itā€™s a fair trade.

2 Likes

not realistic but we will aim for the moon and land on absolutely nothing because these servers are unironically ROCK SOLID

1 Like

isnā€™t this change just for if you can equip the item?

3 Likes

worst update ever
Really try something better roblox.

1 Like

try when you can bro I believe in you
join us!!! its worth!!!

1 Like

Dude they said they would, we can only take their word for itā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s really only going to affect discourse, literally 10 replies load in an ainstant, while the page is still loading.

2 Likes

watch roblox shut down replies

3 Likes

thatā€™s practically impending at this point

1 Like

aye bro we will find other ways
flag bombing and rallying on twitter/discord also work

1 Like

itā€™ll be the roblox forums all over again. LOL

1 Like

You really donā€™t want it to load either

3 Likes

we should all just move to

https://polytoria.com

to prove a point that this is a bad change

1 Like

the one image of spongebob sob face

1 Like

everyone gotta start flooding their twitter dms

1 Like

whereis this from

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, am I misunderstanding this or does this mean that I can no longer create custom characters for my game using existing hats / items in the catalog? Or faces? I have to make everything myself now and if I donā€™t Iā€™ll be banned or our game be taken down?

3 Likes

the game itā€™s from is RetroStudio i believe

2 Likes