Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

hi bluedogzzzz haiiii its been a while man

2 Likes

I’m never critical on Roblox with heavy decisions like audios and stuff but this is just outright deplorable. You can’t just expect every game to remove every content in one week that’s just irresponsible.

3 Likes

someone post on twitter with #DownWithRobloxMarketplaceUpdate and tag roblox in it

1 Like

I would rather them say something like “shut up we don’t care” because at least it would be honest

2 Likes

>be me
>create survival game with ugc marketplace stuff
>rely too much on them
>mfw this update happens

What do i do /b/ros?

1 Like

hey im there, glad you’re also protesting

1 Like

the best update ever ong :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

basically my situation as well

1 Like

Playing KoGaMa cause this got me feeling all sorts of ways man

2 Likes

The 42 people that liked the post are cruel

5 Likes

I am sorry to break it to you, but this change benefits absolutely nobody. You’ve just ruined tons of games that are currently existent within ROBLOX and gave an absurd deadline with no prior notice.

Not only this, but we have to do goddamn prompts?? Literally anything could’ve been better than shoving a purchase UI on a player’s screen every time they want to equip some item.

Many creators are evidently and justifiably expressing their discontent with this seriously unplanned and poorly developed feature. Fix your goddamn game.

4 Likes

Yeah this is seriously what I’ve been trying to figure out… I feel like the original post at least made it somewhat clear it’s for those games that have a catalog feature built in where you can create your custom avatars, but I’m not sure at all what the stance is on pre-made characters (say like for skins you can equip) that happen to use UGC or Roblox assets whether they’re retextured/altered or not.

1 Like

For serious changes like this where many experiences are currently not in compliance, you should’ve sent out warning banners like you did for the audio privacy changes.

3 Likes

Who the hell is making these decisions at roblox HQ there is absolutely no way a team of adults actually agreed on this

5 Likes

How does roblox make a feature so catastrophically bad it unites the entire community like never before

5 Likes

genuinely one of the worst updates you guys have ever pushed. seriously, you just making our jobs as developers harder, you are restricting creativity, the core tenant of this game.

people have been able to be what they want, cops, robbers, knights, warriors, fishermen, even in your own advertising without needing to buy these items.

whens the last time you all have looked in the mirror?

8 Likes

Experiences nominated for best game of the year and many other awards are this close from being against TOS now

8 Likes

This is arguably WORSE than the audio update; it’ll put at risk or break just as many if not MORE experiences than the audio update already has.

5 Likes

That is another level of gone wrong

3 Likes

Cool update Roblox! Take it back.

5 Likes