Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

respectfully, no lol.
giving them room is a bad idea because that gives them ample time to sweep everything under the rug, as they’ve done many times before. everyone please keep this up, do not stop until roblox has reverted this decision.

also happy 2.3k replies

5 Likes

facts bruh, they are a MULTI-BILLION company, they should listen to the community instead of doing the most god-awful changes.

4 Likes

our input is that this is a REALLY POOR IDEA and SHOULD BE REVERSED

roblox has a history of literally never listening to developers, time and time again they have posted something controversial, got HUGE backlash, increased the deadline, and then later pushed out the same update with no changes

history always repeats itself
the least we can do is try our hardest to make sure it DOESNT

1 Like

What the heck? Hello? You already have to pay if you want to use the items anywhere you want across the platform.
You’re posing this as “creator rights”, but what you’re doing in practice is putting us into a position where we are potentially further pushing microtransactions at literal children so that we either don’t have to make worse games with less content, or so we can salvage our existing ones - because you are well, well aware I would think that so many games hinge on having these available. That is all far, far from cool or okay!

3 Likes

ya’ll ever think about how catalog avatar creator kept getting highlighted and praised at RDC, and now they want to delete it off the platform?

2 Likes

Please. Add at least three more sentences.

2 Likes

Why roblox why do you hate us please i just wanna knoe

2 Likes

It only took thousands of devs/users saying this update sucked for Roblox to decide and pause it (they did not say they wouldn’t do the update btw, they could go through with this in the future.)
Roblox needs to actually start listening to feedback without people having to go to this extent.

4 Likes

Roblox don’t do this, this is a bad idea.

1 Like

I mean, I was looking forward to T-Shirt day which is on November 2924th, but this kind of ruins the celebration for the future.

1 Like

roblox has made some horrendous updates in the past, but this is by far the worst
i had a heart attack hearing about this and it doesn’t help that it was actually real and will actually happen
i had to private 90% of my games and put gamepasses off-sale and i still don’t know if that’s enough for this greedy monkey pen of a ‘company’
i and many other developers will stop or be able to develop games indefinitely and will most certainly be switching platforms until this is undone
im done looking deep for any possible bright sides to any of these updates, this one doesnt have any other than for the greedy people higher up getting all that sweet sweet cash!
youre giving us a week to flip our games that we worked so hard for over years, blood, sweat, and tears inside out. imagine how we feel, for once, will you?
no you wont. youll keep rolling out fits of “oh our intellectual property” “imagine how we feel” whining while you wipe your fake tears with your 100 dollar bills while we’re forced to go “yes sir” “yes ma’am” and turn our second comings of what have you into second comings of e.a. for the chance of our lives works living on undead as a tarnished, far gone version.
for once, listen to yourselves, listen to how stupid all this sounds, and turn back while you still have your consumer base, or whats left of it.

4 Likes

I am honestly confused about why ROBLOX has to urge to focus on aspects no one asked for, this change just restricts people from enjoying ROBLOX as it’s been, and on top of that with such little time to comply developers large or small are now going to have to put normal projects on hold to ensure they comply with something that could risk their experience, none of this seems logical and is just generally the dumbest idea I’ve seen come out of ROBLOX so far in my time on the platform.

1 Like

you can unprivate for now since we made them stall this update, but do keep it in the back of your head that they may go through with this anyways

my suggestion? make some noise, if we’re vocal and angry roblox will MAYBE concede.

1 Like

So, let me get this straight you call yourself a platform. But you force updates down the players and developers throats, you don’t respect your community. Not to mention I can’t even wear my items that I actually like and the style that I like which is the classic R6 2.0, which you’re trying to get rid of? For what… You don’t care about the players who made you a big corporation in the first place. Like honestly, what’s the point of your platform. I’m about to quit roblox. You want to age your platform the reason I’m on this platform is because I had a childhood on this game I don’t wanna let go. No 18 year old wants to see “plastic Barbie dolls”. You’ll lose money, lose your players, lose your community. I don’t respect you as a company. I hope everyone reads this and genuinely boycotts roblox because this needs to stop. I’m getting tired of this company thinking they can just mess up their platform, be defiant, not care about the community. Becoming too corporate? Like. I’m done I can’t use my 2D faces on a roblox game that I spent around 300 USD. I’ll see you in court roblox.

9 Likes

Roblox’s attempts to appeal to shareholders and ignoring the community makes investors unhappy at them for alienating and upsetting their community. Kind of funny how that works. Roblox’s attempts to appeal to investors ends up driving them away in the long run. I hope they come to realize that eventually, although that’s doubtful.

3 Likes

If games need to have a purchase ui for when a player equips something, it will be both annoying and not right since players should have the freedom to try out the item first. This is a great way of driving players off of the game and can give the game a look of P2W aspects.

Offsale items should be able to be used. It’s gonna be a lot harder to find workarounds since many ugc creators today like to have timed and limited items. By doing this you are only shrinking ways to add to a game.

I really don’t understand the thought process here, but I really hope this does not go into effect.

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt response and for valuing the feedback of the developer community.

2 Likes

they didnt value our feedback when it came to the forced dynamic head/classic face update, did they?

roblox wont notice you for bootlicking, trust

1 Like

I have enough stuff going on with my game this is not the time for audio update but for the market place.

3 Likes

Can we not have this change.

i dont care if yall want to revise it,i want to NOT AND NEVER BE added

11 Likes