Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

wait… does this also mean i cant use this avatar editor?

2 Likes

Roblox simply asked creators to include a buy/purchase button when offering free marketplace items, such as equipping accessories and clothes from the marketplace, including those belonging to other catalog creators and even Roblox’s own items. This is to protect IP rights and to maintain the marketplace economy. Players don’t need to purchase the item to try it in games. There are exceptions, like unobtainable marketplace items should remain unobtainable using catalogsearchparams. It might seem unreasonable, but my main concern is the punishment system. I wouldn’t have known about this change unless I accessed the devforum or Roblox Studio. I’m unsure how they plan to inform other creators about this update to ensure they protect their games and comply with this new rule. Overall, I believe it’s a reasonable request. They just need to properly ensure all creators are aware of and follow this rule without imposing sudden penalties. That’s all, haha.

5 Likes

Yes… sadly… its bad but we have to atleast disagree this update.

2 Likes

maybe so, but my points still stand.

if roblox’s own assets have been publicly available for over a decade, why change it now? and if i’m reading this correctly, why are classic games that make use of roblox-made gears not allowed anymore? let alone catalog games that they went out of their way to praise at RDC just a few weeks ago. none of this makes sense, and it just causes harm under the veil of “protecting IP”.

that doesn’t sound like they care much to me.

5 Likes

awww cmon i used it in alot of games i dont wanna remove it

2 Likes

i just wanna use the avatar editor in da games to look different but not to get removed cuz of this bad policy now! bloxbiz catalog takes long to setup (atleast for me) i never succeeded to add it and now this CMON ROBLOX WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

4 Likes

The editor i use is installable per Plugin

and here is why i use it

• its easy to install and simple to use

• it saves serverwide

• its free (like bloxbiz)

• and its used commonly

1 Like

i would quit roblox if this is enforced fully and when r6 gets removed because of its deprecation just because of “avatar unification mode” (and i would hate that really bad)

2 Likes

yep they will do it am pretty sure they won’t listen to us

1 Like

much better idea: cancel this bad policy even retrostudio hates this everyone hates this!

1 Like

but much worse is the r6 removal when it happens

1 Like

because if that happens then i quit roblox
and jump o-

1 Like

And I have also a good idea…Roblox should add a voting for updates and let people choose the update

2 Likes

and not to mention its now common for roblox to give up running on pc’s for some reason

because i get a roblox store client crash when i opened it after 5 minutes when i started up windows on my asus rog g752vl

and the legacy web client is running as background process and crashes 3 seconds after opening the client with the typical “roblox has crashed” error

2 Likes

and roblox even wanting people to snitch is bad robloxians snitching on devs cuz of this are bad really bad!

1 Like

This is so unfair!
People will be very upset!

1 Like

cuz many players still don’t know the update

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

1 Like

not everyone uses the devforum even the “IMA REPORT U” children dont know its real

1 Like

The UGC update to everyone/most people was kind of a mistake…

1 Like