Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

they do becuse everyone flooded there emails and twitter and devfourms its so much you can do till you have to take care of it

1 Like

I’ve worked on multiple inventory systems for games that allow you to craft clothing/armor, and now every time they equip those uniforms I have to prompt a purchase? Who thought this would be a good idea? Thanks a lot, Roblox. Great update. Wonder if I can just take the clothing template, reupload it to my profile/group to bypass this vacuous update.

7 Likes

I want this update to be reverted and this is an order. also this post had like 2.7k replies yesterday.

3 Likes

This update is pretty bad. It will break so many games that it isn’t funny. Make sure to private your game in protest.

1 Like

They moved the rest of the posts that were critical into a different thread. That’s why theres significantly less posts.

2 Likes

This policy is stupid in every way. What is going on with companies recently? One word can sum it up: greed. First, Unity announced their bizzare fee policy and now this is being announced by Roblox? I’m sorry (or maybe not actually), but respect to users has vanished the recent years.

Do you think UGC creators will make more money this way? If you really want them to actually earn more money then reconcider your plans of making every UGC item limited and everything that contributes to UGC creators not making a fair amount of Robux.

I can suppose you were thinking about the experience owners through commissions. Right? Not that people will leave faster by being annoyed at the fact that a purchase prompt will be on their screen 24/7… This surely won’t affect the average playtime of the experience and the premium payouts…

8 Likes

Avarice runs rampant in this world and I guess companies such as Unity and Roblox have fallen victim to it as well. How pathetic this is.

7 Likes

As they say, the love of money is the root of all evil.
If only the people running the corporations understood this.

6 Likes

Hi. I’ve been here before but I was so mad that I couldn’t make a well though-out post. I’m still really angry, but not so angry that I can’t even write. Time to really put ROBLOX on blast.

So now that that bullcrap is out of the way, let’s rip into ROBLOX’s other lies and mess-ups.

Clearly it isn’t, because otherwise:

• Constant copyright infringement on the UGC catalog wouldn’t be a problem,
  • The audio update would have never happened (remember that?),
  • You’d pay people who do dev-ex fairly,
  • And this post wouldn’t exist.

Oh boy, more vague and useless bloat to the already vague community standards?!? WHOOPEE!!!

So now catalog games are effectively useless because the entire point of those games was to let players try things on, for free. “But Alte,” I hear you say, dear reader, “Doesn’t ROBLOX let you try on items on the catalog?” Yes they do, and in true ROBLOX fashion it’s a garbage implementation of a basic feature! Thank you ROBLOX!

…So now literally every game on ROBLOX that has:

• NPCs
  • Character creator
  • Admin commands like :gear and :hat
  • Catalog try-on features (you know what I mean, right?)

or any other feature that may result in offsale items being used in-game, whether by direct result of the developer or not, is now not allowed? Boy, you guys sure are great (terrible) at writing policy! (Whoever wrote this update needs to be fired.)

Classic ROBLOX moment, using their terrible new UI and terrible rthro avatars to show off a terrible new update. Are you sure that you want to do this?

It wouldn’t be a ROBLOX policy change without an unreasonable deadline. Seven days?!?!?! You mean to tell me that every single roblox game, no matter how big or how small, how young or how old, how indie or how megacorporate, has to make updates ranging in size from near-nonexistent to COMPLETELY GAME-CHANGING in SEVEN DAYS?!?!?! WHY???

Everyone. This is everyone on ROBLOX. Idiots.

“Please change your game fundamentally in 7 days because we’re too stupid/lazy/cheap to actually solve whatever issues we have and therefore need to make users solve them for us, also give us money.” - ROBLOX

Well that was a doozy…

They aren’t actually going to answer them though. Just offer a vague reply that inevitably gets you nowhere.

I hate you. Everyone hates you and everyone hates this. Please fix it.

Thank you for reading this, dear reader. I sincerely hope that whoever you are - a dev, a player, or a ROBLOX employee - doesn’t get screwed over by this. But, to be quite honest. we will all get screwed over. We always do.

Kind Regards,
Alte

UPDATE:

I have updated this post to include lists of games that might be deleted and games that will be deleted as a result of this update. games that might be deleted is a list of games that may or may not be deleted because of this update, likely put in that list because the policy is so vague that it’s hard to tell if it would be. games that will be deleted is a list of games that I am absolutely certain would be deleted.

GAMES THAT WILL BE DELETED

click to view

GAMES THAT MIGHT BE DELETED

click to view

These lists are absolutely nowhere close to exhaustive, so I encourage you to send me any games you know of that may or will be affected by this and I’ll add them to this list. Just send me the name, creator, and reasons for deletion of the game (preferably formatted like the entries in the lists are) and a link to the game so I can put it into a hyperlink.

This list will give just a tiny, tiny bit of perspective into just how wide-reaching this policy change will truely be.

You should be extremely angry at ROBLOX for this. Get angry and stay angry and voice your concerns as loud and respectfully as you can until they fix this. Do not back down and do not be complacent!

34 Likes

Another thing I’d like to ask is if any command that allows you to wear another person’s avatar would be allowed under this update? I think it’s not allowed based off of what I’m hearing. (EX: the ;char command for HD Admin)

7 Likes

It’s sad knowing all these pleas for reversal of this horrible update are simply going to be ignored. Roblox knew this would happen. They knew we would hate this. They really just don’t care, because in the end, it’s going to make them more money.

9 Likes

I’m sure plenty of people are just going to ignore the update if they ever bring it back.

1 Like

Sure, I guess you could, but then you’re just waiting around for some troll or angry person to report your game and get it taken down.

1 Like

They won’t. Believe me they won’t. The moment everyone finds out about this, everyones going to be so mad that the DevForums are going to turn into the Forums from 2017; full of trolls and angry people.

7 Likes

Salutations, Fellow Capitalist Pigs,

At Roblox, our insatiable greed and unquenchable avarice drive us to concoct schemes that make Ebenezer Scrooge look like a charitable saint. We proudly present to you “Experiences using Marketplace Items,” a testament to our relentless pursuit of the almighty dollar (to be enshrined in the Roblox Economy 666 section, where we worship profit above all else).

Prepare to witness the unbridled manifestation of our gluttonous intentions:

1. Greed-Inducing Purchase Prompts: We are ecstatic to announce the implementation of relentless purchase prompts that will hound you until you succumb to our monetary demands. Equipping an item you haven’t purchased yet will trigger a barrage of shameless pop-ups, designed solely to exploit your wallet. We’ll stop at nothing to milk you dry.
  2. Profit Maximization: We are tightening the screws on your enjoyment. Items that can’t be purchased, such as the rarest and most exclusive, will remain tantalizingly out of reach. Our avaricious hearts swell with delight as we watch you yearn for the unattainable.

Just to make our greed crystal clear, an unaffiliated avatar Marketplace item is anything that the Experience creator didn’t craft or have the audacity to profit from. We revel in creating a legal minefield to maximize our riches.

This rapacious policy will infiltrate the Community Standards 666 on September 27, an ominous date for your wallets. Brace yourselves for a descent into financial servitude as you attempt to navigate this labyrinth of avarice.

If you have any pressing questions about how we’re gouging your pockets, please visit our FAQ section [link that leads to more ways for us to profit].

We thank you for being unwitting pawns in our relentless pursuit of wealth, and we eagerly anticipate counting our ill-gotten gains.

Yours voraciously,

The Roblox Greedmongers

may or may not have been made with ChatGPT

19 Likes

The person who made this update probably got a promotion, and declared a hero of capitalism most likely.

This is sarcastic, by the way.

5 Likes

I could tell it was sarcasm, but thanks.

I might have to can the project I have been working on for 2 years because of this, if ROBLOX doesn’t fix this shit. If this is updated to ONLY apply to ugc items, and any and all ROBLOX items - offsale or not - were fair game, then this might not only be not terrible, but - dare I say it - a good update. But nah. Because this is ROBLOX.

3 Likes

I say private your game as a form of protest. We should get a hashtag trending so that way we can spread the word.

2 Likes

I honestly might. ROBLOX needs to have it’s stock hit sub-dollar prices for them to learn. Let RBLX become the newest penny stock, please!

2 Likes

This situation kinda reminds me of some lyrics from “Stick Up” by Grandson.

Just take the bridge of the song, replace “America” with “Robloxia”, and you’ve got our situation there!

This is a joke. Please don’t take this seriously.

1 Like