A few months ago, I noticed that going into a server on Xbox that had around 24 PC players out of 32 max, yielded no players except for people playing on Xbox, which was around 8. This is a problem that might be related to experimental mode, as teleporting to each place individually by a developer or a player, fixes the problem. Leaving this bug in, however, acts as a safeguard when it comes to PC & Xbox players playing a first-person-shooter, which just so happens to be what my game is. This is a bug that might very well have been fixed recently, but I’m not entirely sure. @Seranok requested I make this thread to hopefully have it resolved, if the bug still exists. I’m currently unable to test it myself.
- Create a new game / universe
- Under game settings, turn “ExperimentalMode” off
- In studio, add a few extra places to the newly created universe
- Publish the test-game
- Have a few of your friends or players start up a server on PC, with extra slots for more players
- Have a couple of your friends with Xboxes and mobile devices attempt to join the server
- See if all three players are playing on the same server, if not, the bug is still prevalent.
- If step 7 returns as all platforms are playing on separate servers that only those platforms can play on, proceed to teleport yourself or someone else to each place within the universe
- After doing step 8, you should be able to have all three platforms playing on the same server