Experimenting with Hyperrealism in Roblox

• Before I begin, I must preface this post with the fact that nearly none of these assets generally belong to me. The assets in this game are from Valve and Sketchfab, which I have checked to be free for non-commercial use. Links to the models can be found here and here.

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with assembling games utilizing forms of realism scarcely found on Roblox. Although often held back due to performance issues, achieving photorealism on this platform is surely possible. Here’s a game I put together with the use of several lighting techniques, PBR, and skinned meshes.

Here’s how it looks during the nighttime.

You can try it out here.

Would you enjoy seeing this style in Roblox games more often?
  • Yes! It looks amazing.
  • No; too out of style for Roblox.
  • My computer would light on fire.

0 voters

I can’t wait to see what other updates will be available to create even better looking games on Roblox :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Wow! This looks super cool! I love the lighting and texturing!
I agree that most Roblox games that get “big” are low-poly, when there are so many other styles!

1 Like

This is what some Roblox Front page games will look like in a few months/years. Looks great.

2 Likes

Although mine would catch fire, I would definitely want that in Roblox.

1 Like

It looks great i am amazed by the fact that this is possible, I wouldn’t like it becoming the norm though.

1 Like

Wow this is really cool and realistic! Doesn’t seem like Roblox but who knows, maybe this will be their next step in the future. Surprisingly my computer actually managed to handle it :grin:

1 Like

This is really cool! It’s very unique, although I wouldn’t want to see this a lot on Roblox. It just gives a whole different vibe that doesn’t feel like Roblox.

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of potential for game styles like this. I always feel that Roblox needs more variety across its styles, so that most developers can have as much creative freedom that they want (low-poly, cartoony, realism, etc.) This probably would require more polish as a result of it’s realism, but encouraging mediums like this is always healthy.

1 Like

What an amazing feature! This could change the realism of Roblox.

1 Like