Exploit Protection

Can anyone tell me the best way to protect my game from Exploits? Recently we have had a massive rise in exploits and we don’t have enough Administrators to control it effectively.

What is the best way to protect and prevent some exploits?

The most common ones seem to be Retexturing walls, kill all, and extremely loud global audio sounding and also dislike botting.

Decided to wait about a month and do what you said. I implemented what you said and it seems to have worked. Thank you.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

4 Likes

Most of your problems sounds like they would be coming from your game’s remoteevents/functions. The best way to fix these issues would be to recode your events and add anti exploit measures to verify its only being called for the purpose its meant for. Other ways you can prevent exploits is by having general anti exploit scrips (for problems such as jump or walkspeed modification). But never use a free model anti exploit as the majority of these usually have backdoors by exploiters to cause even more problems in your game.

1 Like

I see. This is one option I will take into account. I would like to get a large variate of options before my Administrative Team make a decision.

For the extremely loud global audio, do you have RespectFilteringEnabled turned on under SoundService? If so, then your remote events needed to be updated as they trust the client to pass the correct data to he server allowing exploiters to easily exploit in your game.

As for mass disliking, there is nothing you can do about that.

A lot of what you’re explaining seems to be the case of a backdoor. That is, unless you have remotes that change textures on stuff, one of your developers installed a malicious plugin that gave exploiters free reign over your place. Could you check with your developers?

2 Likes

That would make sense actually considering how one of our devs leaked all our assets to another group called Foxtrot Medical Institute. I will get on to this ASAP.

Also, I saw the edit you made. Sorry for the way I phrased the audio. I’ll make sure to use a different way of describing it next time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Judging by that and their malicious intent you should probably check any pre-existing admin scripts and any other script in the game for the ability to run commands/code. I know it maybe be daunting especially if there are lots of scripts, try to use the workspace filtering tool to find anything that could be hidden. An extra step could be searching the scripts for any modules being “required” (ctrl + f then just type “require”) . In this case focus less on exploit protection and more on finding whatever those old devs hid your game.

1 Like

There’s steps to take but the best way i’ve found is to immerse yourself in their community as they do in ours, you have to see it first-hand to really understand it. There’s various discord servers they’re in, so… that’s my advice.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really sad. I just checked and Foxrot’s Asylum Role play, and it has 600+ more players than the original game. They probably also dislike botted your game, or somehow people thought Foxrot’s game one was the original. I recommend reporting the game since it apparently used the stolen assets and published it to their group.

edit: Their game is also #12 on the top earning list.

To answer your question, do not trust people who you think are a bit shady, and also check for anything they added into the game. For example, a remote that tells the server to kill all.\

1 Like

You could try emailing Roblox about the incident and you could try reporting the group for copyright infringement since you legally own the assets (assuming that you own the assets); the group has technically broken copyright laws.

To protect from exploits, you should first, look for any backdoors which would easily allow an attacker to gain server side access, allowing them to do lots of damage. If you have an admin script, I recommend not using free model admin commands unless they are from a trusted and credible source. I’m sure you have seen this multiple times on the forums, do all checks on the server, never trust the client(check for any suspicious remotes or scripts), you could also try looking for the exploit scripts which allow people to take advantages over vulnerabilities in the game and look through any scripts to patch vulnerabilities. I doubt this is the case but, you could check if your game has FE enabled and, if loadstrings are enabled.

1 Like

Yep! Another Developer who’s name won’t be mentioned for obvious reasons because i’m not that sort of guy, but they sold all our assets to them.

If no script in your game changes your walk speed or jump power, then detect a change in either of them. If they change, then ban them.