Exploit that Causes Local Client to Freeze ("Aimware")

As some of you may know, I am a Roblox Twitch Streamer. Due to this, I experience many trolls and haters, some of which use exploits against me in-game while I am streaming. There is a certain exploit that I cannot tolerate anymore, and it causes my client to freeze, apparently it’s called “aimware”.

• This occurs at random times during my stream. Whenever trolls decide to do their usual thing.

• This bug can occur in games that are FE (Filtering Enabled)

• Click here for a clip of the exploit being done to me.

• The exploit uses a 3rd party program (I assume) to send the user a bunch of friend requests, which in turn makes the user’s local client to freeze.

EDIT: This also can only occur if the exploiter is in the same server as you.

3 Likes

This is the key point. We can probably mitigate this in the CoreScript which receives the friend requests but we should also block this server side.

2 Likes

I mean do whatever is necessary, by all means. I have no experience with fixing bugs, only reporting them haha.

It’s really devastating for small games, especially when you have 100 player servers and DC’s everyone.

If I can get a copy of the script they use I’ll post.

2 Likes

Thanks, If your original post was accurate, there should be two independent fixes for this that will be added in the upcoming weeks.

3 Likes

Just curious, would this fix also apply to Following too?

2 Likes

probably not in the first iteration. There will basically be a rate limit to the friend requests. This could still be annoying though. I’ll look into a rate+max limit for a future release.

Looks like for following there is just a RemoteEvent in the CoreGui that will send a follow notification to another player. This pull request should fix that issue: https://github.com/ROBLOX/Core-Scripts/pull/711/files

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.