Exploiter shutting down my game's servers

Hello DevForum,

I’m a developer in a group and since today there is an exploiter that shutting down my servers. I’ve researched about it and learned that can be a DDoS. Is that true? Is there a way to prevent this?

2 Likes

you said “can be” are you positive its a ddos? i feel like its something else.

1 Like

There is no error, no warns in dev console and my ping is in normal level.

1 Like

that doesnt really answer my question though… it could be a malicious or even just a badly optimized script doing it (and if it is exploiters, it could just be something they’re taking advantage of in a malicious way like what happened in catalog haven a while back)

1 Like

Are you sure that this is caused by an exploiter? This could be a virus script located in a free model or a plug-in.

2 Likes

They could be spamming your remote events, that’s the most common way to ddos a game, remember to always do server checks and immediately return end if a check failed.

3 Likes

DDoSing individual servers isn’t really a thing. Most likely they’re abusing a vulnerable remote that causes the game to crash, either by spamming it or just because the remote shuts down the game.

If you are sure there is something going on, you should contact Roblox Support for help, and maybe try shut down the game for a brief period of time? Im no tech guy, but it might stop doing some damage of some sort.

If not, look over your scripts. Usually you get the disconnection wifi message if a server is overloaded with information or something.

Why would someone just come up and ruin a game for no reason is my question.

Before anything else, try getting a trusted AntiVirus like RoDefender or GameGuard and run a scan on your game to see if it’s a virus, or just an exploiter.

I find some video of someone crashing server on adopt me and it is working it could be this script that is crashing your game servers and only way I think to stop is to prevent script injection

or even this could be by external servers attacking your game

1 Like

Wouldn’t remote events get rate limited? Unless the server script was really, really horribly optimized, this wouldn’t crash the game.
Edit: There are lot of posts about ddosing, and I think it’s not a free model or anything like that.