Exploiters crashing my servers, cause unknown

I’m also still experiencing the same problem after adding in a patch for weld spam, sound spam, and even chat spam.

Have you tried checking if players are spamming remotes? This part is usually overlooked and comes back to bite developers back because of that.

1 Like

This is a typical core error. You should look into players spamming remotes.

1 Like

Update, we are encountering these crashes as we speak. It seems to be a separate method compared to the RightGrip and recently revealed(and patched) Player replication exploit.

2 Likes

Do you have an admin system installed?
I suggest you disable public admin commands for your admin system, as I have confirmation that this has helped for Solera Resorts, Koala Cafe, and multiple other groups.
Clients spamming the clean command can cause server memory to skyrocket, and this could be what is causing these crashes.

There was a script published on an exploiting youtube channel on the 14th. Script and video link below, this is a roblox issue, you cannot kick these fake players or remove them, so we will just have to wait for roblox to fix this.

Instance.new("Player",game.Players) - Yes, this is the script crashing servers. When put in a loop your game is done.

1 Like

Recently it was patched super fast by ROBLOX and I’ve been told that crash method no longer works.

The game uses a custom command script. We are already aware are of the :clean spam crash method.

Same thing is happening to my friends club, any solutions?

There’s no need to remove the entire admin commands if you can just open the admin commands settings and set the clear/clean command to be only available for admins or higher.

Note: I meant public admin commands, not the entire thing.

1 Like

I’ll report to this discussion that we’re still having this issue.

I still have no idea what this issue is, but it definitly is an exploit script being used.

We had to resort to logging when players joined, detecting players ping to the server, and then if the ping average of ‘mode’ goes over 10 seconds, to start kicking the last players who joined with a ‘please rejoin message’.

After finally patching it, people that run their groups started to accuse me of knowing what this exploit is because I patched it…

I keep telling everyone, just kick the last player in order of an array when the client to server ping for most of your player ingame go bad.

It’s not a nice patch, but it helps keep our game running stably.

2 Likes

But what happens if they wait to execute their hack until more players have joinedD?

1 Like

@Radiakk How much time is there between joining in server and crashing? I think there’s a bot that detecting when a player joins overloads the client in someway.

When it was you couldn’t even get past the Roblox loading screen before everything froze, you can see the effects visualized in an earlier post

Oh so the game crashes once the player object is created, not when the server starts, yes they’re overloading clients with effects or strange things, a fix would be change the place or try to do a script like this:

while true do
      for i,v in pairs(game.Lightning:GetChildren()) do
            if v:IsA("BlurEffect") then
                  v:Destroy()
            end
      end
      wait()
end

Try check with descendant added or anything else if they spam effects, if they do delete them before they overload the client. (Better make it in a localscript)
Also if it’s a bot that join and kills all the clients, let the console print all players name so you can ban him before it can destroy the server.

I didn’t know lighting effects replicate when created on the client? Do I have the wrong idea or can you explain this further?

I mean, I think the hacker just adds the effects or in the clients or in the server, try do that from server-side if it doesn’t work try from client-side inside every player, and no, lightning effects don’t replicate server-client, if they’re created on client they just take effect on client. EDIT: I tested in an empty place, spamming blur won’t let client crash.

Ok @Radiakk I replicated the same effect they use: here they basically kick the player, destroy his object and destroy the kick prompt gui. You can’t fix that but you can obtain the bot name, make it print all players name in every moment, if you see any suspicious name ban that name, and the job is done.

1 Like

If you don’t find any bot then the hacker is ddosing the servers, so it’s to be banned before he can damage to other games too.