Exploiters resetting their character by setting their own health

My goal is as follows;
I want to completely disable a player’s ability to reset their character, including exploiters.

In my game, I’ve disabled the reset button via

game.StarterGui:SetCore("ResetButtonCallback", false)

This works perfectly fine. The only thing is that exploiters wont be able to click the button, but they can still easily set their own character’s health to 0 which effectively works as a reset button.
(You can replicate this in studio by using the command line to set your characters health to 0, which runs on the client.)

Are there any options I’ve missed to not allow clients to locally modify their character and have it replicate over?
Any help would be great and I appreciate your time!

1 Like

Will there ever be a point in your game where the player can die?

No, when I want the player to ‘die’, I just set the character completely transparent.

I don’t think you can necessarily prevent hackers from resetting, but one work around I can think of is that if the player does end up having their health set to 0, you could listen to their humanoid.Died event and run the LoadCharacter method on their player instantly. Once you load their character, you could then set their CFrame to some last known valid position that they were at before dying. From there, you could make their player go transparent and treat things how you normally would for your system. (Edit: I say last known valid position because they could set their position to NaN which could cause a lot of issues depending on how you handle rubberbanding them back)

1 Like

Understood, I’ll probably use that approach since there probably isn’t a way to stop exploiters from resetting themselves.
I appreciate the response!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.