Explorer Search Gets Stuck Requiring Restart

This bug happens once every day or two to me when in team create. I will be searching and it’ll stop showing results. Sometimes it will get stuck empty, sometimes stuck showing whatever was in there before I clear the searchbar.

2 Likes

Does this happen on specific places? Are there any characteristics to the places where this happens in? (loads of instances, or also in places with very few instances?)

It only happens once every day or so, making it hard to track down.

It has only happened in my team create places. That’s all I know about it. A restart is required to fix it.

Is it in a studio instance that is left open or one that is continuously opens and closed?

I recently experienced this yesterday in studio after leaving it open overnight.

It’s an instance that I have connected to team create 24/7

1 Like

Happening again after being connected to a team create session for a while.

It’s officially been 2 years since I made this bug report thread!
(Even discourse thinks it’s crazy)

Anyways - unfortunately I’m still running into this :confused: Going to have to restart studio and re-open all of my scripts to fix it.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced this twice, it seems to happen after typing a single letter, which then queries for everything, then cancelling the search puts it in an “everlasting search”, Instead of resetting the explorer.

I’d try to get some repro steps, log files, etc here, it’s probably not trivial enough from the information provided to figure out what exactly the cause of the issue is.

I’m surprised this has been an issue for 5 years already.

This issue seems to only happen in team create places.

I can’t believe you saw this post. I didn’t even know this was 3 years old (not the original poster). Anyway, you could try to close the explorer and open it again maybe that will do at least something.

I’ve tried closing the explorer and re-opening it and it doesn’t seem to do anything, unfortunately.
I have to restart the studio every time this happens.

This is also a problem for me.