Explorer widget auto scroll will sometimes break

Randomly when using the explorer widget, selecting certain objects will cause it to scroll incorrectly in an unintentional way. The way it breaks can vary a little sometimes, but generally it just scrolls to an incorrect location. Closing studio and sometimes just selecting and unselecting many things appears to resolve the issue. Sometimes just selecting an object outside of the current parent hierarchy is enough to stop the bug.

I’ve also tried re-installing studio but this has not stopped the issue from re-occurring.

I would have bumped this old thread about the issue, but it’s been locked:

I can never seem to repro this bug reliably so I’m just gonna showcase the issues I’m having.

1 Like

Hello,

I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, can you confirm if this is still happening since the linked thread seems to have resolved the issue? Thanks!

Hi, these issues are still happening to me even after re-installs.
Even as of today they still occur seemingly at random.

The article I linked was something sort of similar that I was kind of hoping that it might be somewhat related.

The only thing unique I can really mention is that I’m working in a team create place (alone), and that the file has a very large amount of instances (~200000 instances in the whole file). I’m not using any plugins or command line code to touch selection in any way as far as I’m aware.