Exported Character Mesh lose their color when i put on Studio

I’ve got this model in blender and i want to export it to my game.

but, when i exported it by “Import 3d” tab, the model got this color and i can’t paint it by hand cause the parts are not correctly separated (cause it’s a rigged mesh)

can someone help me? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Provided that you are exporting it correctly, you should export it as anything other than .obj, since .obj doesn’t support textures.

i’m exporting in .fbx, it’s beacuse the model have a armature and i can’t export it to .obj

How did you color the mesh inside Blender? Did you use material assigning? By material assigning I mean clicking on some of the faces in edit mode and clicking assign on material tab.

2 Likes

yes, i used material assigning

That’s the reason why your colors do not appear when you import them into Roblox Studio. Roblox does not support this. You need a texture image containing the colors.

There are 2 ways that you can fix this.

1. Baking the textures into an image file. I made a tutorial for this which you can follow: bakingtuturoial on Vimeo
    After following those steps upload the texture to the meshes TextureID property in Roblox Studio. But don’t forget to re-export the mesh from Blender to Roblox Studio! Otherwise colors won’t apply properly.

2. Re-texture the entire model using color palettes. Here’s a tutorial for this as well: https://youtu.be/O5yadRicr9M?si=qXf6sZAiDIb6GkVe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.