Exported mesh from Blender doesn't have the same size with original one

I made a plane mesh, I exported it as a fbx file, it has more than 10k triangles so I exported the body and wheels seperately. However, body size is normal but wheel size isn’t, also it has a wrong position.

Mesh in blender:

Mesh imported to Roblox Studio:

How can I fix this?

2 Likes

Try exporting the mesh into 4 different pieces, all the legs seperate and the body the same

It’s like this now.

I don’t know how to fix that, but that always happens to me, and I just resize it in studio, and there is not really any difference if you position and resize it correctly.

Import the wheels and the plane separately, there’s no "quick-fix’ for this, it’s just very annoying.

When importing in Roblox you was asked

If you have a prompt that says “The mesh you are importing is bery large. Would you like to resize the mesh?” say No (this prompt will only show is the mesh scale is very large)

And to this Prompt say Yes

If this wont fix it try exporting as .obj
and if that still don’t fix it you can always resize the mesh in studio but the tips I gave you should fix that.

Hope this helps you,
CrazySnoopylove

2 Likes

This also happens a lot when trying to import guns in different pieces. All you need to do to fix it (if it is 2 separate meshparts) is to scale the meshpart down to the relative size of the body by eyeballing it; from there you can just use movement tools to align it to the body, then throw it in a folder/model and use a weld to hold it together, up to you.

All you need to do this you need to use the basic Roblox scaling tool or a more advanced scaling plugin like this, and then your pick of movement tools.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Make sure to fix your rotation and scale in Blender of all objects before you export. Ctrl + A in object mode will bring up this menu.

1 Like

It already does that automatically, I insert with game manager.

It didn’t work unfortunetaly…

ok ok. publish your game make sure its in different pieces and go to game explorer and then bulk import it.

( remember to do this, make sure when you bulk import it the different pieces are in the same spot there should be a setting for that )

I am already using that method.

.obj worked perfectly but it’s too small now.

Also I got this when I was doing the first one.

I guess I’ll manually resize.

Ok here is a more in-depth solution that doesn’t require any eyeballing or using plugins, and something to keep in mind in the future when working with meshes.

To solve the issue with the offset scale and position:
Since you are exporting multiple meshes and you want them to align perfectly in studio as it is in Blender then you need to make sure that the origin points of the meshes are in the same location (Right-Click > Set Origin > Origin to 3D Cursor) and most importantly, the rotation and scale has been applied (Ctrl + A).

To solve the issue with the scaling:
If you use Blender with the default unit scale of 1 meter then it is preferred to use a 1 meter to 1 stud ratio, which can be achieved by changing the transform scale to 0.01 when exporting. With this, you have absolute control over the scaling and know exactly how it will turn out in studio and you won’t have to do any resizing inside of studio. When adding the meshes to studio make sure that you always click No for the resize option and click Yes for the position data.

Creating a simple avatar for reference is really helpful for making sure that what you have in Blender is the scale you want when it’s in studio.

I hope this helps you out.

9 Likes

That worked perfectly, thank you.

However now, scale of wheels is correct but its’ position isn’t correct. Do you have a fix for it?

You can try and insert the mesh again using the location data but if that’s not possible then you need to reimport the mesh with the location data. If its not aligned after that then its probably the body of the plane that’s not positioned correctly.

2 Likes