Exporting Players Wont Export Texture?

So lately, I have been getting a bug, and its basically a hit or miss. You get it sometimes and you don’t get it sometimes, and I am getting really mad about this.

I have been trying to make GFX using rigs, but the avatar’s texture wont export.
These are the two files I have been getting exported:
And NO texture file, so when I import it into Blender, the .mtl is trying to get the textures but there just is no texture.
Heres what it looks like for my other files:
As you can see, the .png texture file is just there.

What do I do to make this happen?

1. Open Studio.
  2. Open “Load Character Plugin”
  3. Load my player.
  4. Go into explorer and right click on my name, then click on “Export Selection…”

And thats it, sometimes I get the texture and sometimes I do not.
I would really like some help on this.

8 Likes

I’ve removed the tag from the title, as those can go into the “Tags” field while editing your thread. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This could be due to a bug in the plugin. I use “Load Character Pro” which costs 25 robux, and there seems to be no issue with it. You could consider purchasing the Pro version to avoid these.

1 Like

I tried with the Moon Animator character inserter and the same problem.

1 Like

No, there isn’t a need to. Its an issue with how the OP is handling the export I believe. @deluc_t, try exporting it into a folder of its own, on the desktop, just a simple export selection. Dont modify the character at all either.

2 Likes

Nope, same problem.

30 chars

Hello @deluc_t This happen sometimes. The only thing to do is to import your avatar in R15. Then. In blender. You will have to go on Blender > File >Import >Wavefont.obj then you will import your model. There is 2 ways to put textures. When you have import the model. You should have grey textures.

For have the textures, click at the middle for textures (Without point light) or the right button for texture with lights. Then. You should have this.

When you will finish put your camera in the right angle for took the photo,
Then. Press render >render image then you will have this.

(This is without lighting.)
I recommend you to use Pixlr.com for finish your work and change background.
Thanks for reading this. Official_DevFrancais

Note. Work with Load Carachter Lite.

I know all of that.
I want to use rigs, but the texture is not there.

There shouldn’t be an issue with the plugin itself, I’ve used both versions of Load Character and they work fine. I tried exporting your character using Load Character Lite as well, and I have the texture for it, not sure what’s going wrong.

I’m taking a stab at it here, but perhaps you’re not finding the texture because you’re not naming the exported file the player’s username, so the texture may be in one place but .obj/.mtl files would be elsewhere in the folder because of alphabetical arrangement. The texture for your character would be called “Danpanman1Tex”; try searching for this.

Also try importing the .obj file on its own into Blender without using the rig, and see if anything shows up at all by going to Material view.

If the rig you’re going to use is a R6 rig, exporting a R15 texture to use on a R6 rig will not work. The texture will become lopsided. Same thing holds true the other way around.

1 Like

I noticed this too. It is most likely because there might be too many accessories on the avatar, and there is no “space” on the uv map for those extra accessories which is why sometimes it doesnt export the textures.

Im using pro and i still get this problem

I get this issue ALL the time so consider yourself lucky.

Just realised this is an old topic, but I am receiving this bug so thought I would bring it up.

2 Likes

I got this same issue as well, sometimes the texture does upload, sometimes it doesn’t, anyone able to find a solution?

1 Like

This was a long time ago, however, I managed to fix it by exporting the characters via R6 iirc.

1 Like

Apologies as I know this is an old thread but as it is still relevant I was wondering if there was a fix. I have exported in R6 and even changed the avatar I am exporting to R6 to see if it will fix the problem but still hasn’t. I just keep getting a Handle1_diff.png file rather than a ‘CrixxaJamie1Tex.png’. I have tried searching my hard drive to see if it saving somewhere else however it isn’t. Usually I wouldn’t mind, however I was to use an R6 rig and the Handle1_diff file will not work for texturing. Is there anyway I can get it to save the texture normally rather than a _diff?

1 Like

That is infact the texture you should use on the rig. The file itself is not a .diff file but a .png file. The name of it is just clarifying that it is a diffuse texture.

Input it for the image texture and it will work as normal, no issues at all. Roblox just renamed the textures including character textures to “HandleSomeNumber_diff” or generally that name. Will/might happen again in the future so just be on the lookout. Won’t impact anything unless you have an addon that relies on it.

Example, I can name a texture from:

3rdhoan1231Tex.png to Handle1_diff.png and it wouldn’t matter.

1 Like

Yeah I did eventually realise this, thank you though!

If people are still struggling with using this type of texture due to accessories you can just import the obj file while in the Paint rig, delete the rest of the body, put the accessories where they need to be then parent it to the head attachments.