External steering wheel (G920) crashes the game when joining if connected, works normally when not connected

Hello,

I am using an external steering wheel, a G920. I had a steering wheel (sold) which worked, because it had Xbox controls (it was quite cheap), but the G920 has different format for buttons and it’s more confusing to configure.

The wheel had been crashing my games, which I had to use some trick to make it, but it meant I had to reconnect the wheel and then hold the top bar. If there is an error, it shows straight away. The window is opened at full resolution but the Roblox window opens at something like 800x600.

It’s mostly likely being Hyperion/Byfron that had confused it, because when I don’t use it, games work perfectly just like they used to.

If you have a question, or want to correct me, it helps me very much.

Regards,
@vxcaie

6 Likes

I use external files to connect it. It worked fine until this week (prev)

3 Likes

Is there a solution that can be implemented?

3 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, at first it worked fine, but suddenly roblox crashes whenever I connect G920

5 Likes

It’s most likely the Byfron/Hyperion antivirus. I have seen a post about a similar issue.

5 Likes

Is there a solution? I really want to play with my wheel.

2 Likes

Using the LGS (Logitech gaming software) helps, but I was unable to change my wheel’s sensitivity so it was fairly useless.

1 Like

Have you tried the LGS? If so, did it work for you well?

Yes, but I didn’t quite like it. It didn’t detect the steering wheel but it worked fine on ROBLOX itself.

Yeah I had the same issues, I was able to fix it through some tutorials on steam forum. But I couldn’t change the sensitivity.

1 Like

This is still an issue unfortunately.

4 Likes

I Wish there was a fix for this cause this is annoying

1 Like

It sucks so much cause this issue is still happening. (It’s happening to me and has been for a while now.)