Extreme Connection Problems

I’m not sure where this goes under but the past couple days I’ve been having extreme connection problems.

To produce this bug all I’m doing is trying to connect to studio or play a game. It takes about 3-4 minutes, lags my computer and asks to download roblox each time. I’ve tried reinstalling Roblox and restarting my computer.

Typically it only takes me 30 seconds to open roblox or play a game so this is really odd.

It’s also not my internet or my specs.

I use a GTX 1060 and can run overwatch at 60 fps

11 Likes

For the past few weeks, every weekend the servers have been complete booty.

I have not been able to develop and test anything for days now because the servers are either too slow or don’t load whatsoever.

4 Likes

The weekends have been getting much slower on their end lately, I’ve noticed.

3 Likes

I’ve been having a similar problem. Games take forever to load (and don’t function as well as before), and pages take forever to load if they do at all (typically about 10 seconds). I’ve compared it against other websites, and they all load relatively quickly.

2 Likes

It’s been taking up to several minutes (3-5 minutes) just to open a place file locally and online in studio. Takes abnormally long just for studio to open to begin with then equally long for studio to login and open the place file. It just took me 6 minutes to open a place file. Been happening since yesterday for me.

3 Likes

At first it seemed to only be impacting my developing sessions in studio. Trying to do things like loading data from Datastores would take way too long. It seems the website is also loading slower now. I’ve run a speed test that proves its not just my internet connection, and other websites work just fine.

3 Likes

Same here, I can only work on weekends,which means I can only work ony projects when speeds are at their lowest making game development a lot harder.

The website also takes ages load for meand my friend, which is extremely annoying. I usually get 70mbps up and 65mbps down, so my speed isn’t an issue.

Thanks everyone for your bug reports.

Please send me a followup message (direct) with more information:

• Is this happening for you only on the weekends or weekdays as well
  • Describe the behavior you are seeing in the game client; specifically, what do you see it doing for the majority of the time? Is it spending most of the time in the installer/nothing visible on screen?
  • Describe the behavior you are seeing in studio (like above)
  • Are you seeing this on windows or mac?
  • When you are having issues with the client, what games are you trying to join? Do you also have issues if you join crossroads (1818)?
  • Please send me any roblox log files from around the time when you were having the issues

during the big issue this past friday, we actually uncovered a secondary issue that might have been causing this ongoing slowness. Was this any better as of Sunday (yesterday 11/11)?

1 Like