Extreme studio selection lag (3d view or explorer)

I’ve had this issue for a while and have just grown used to it since I don’t really build. Clicking a part/model in the Workspace(3D view) or the Explorer widget will cause my studio to freeze. Once an item is selected all tools work smoothly (dragging, move tool, scale tool, etc) however selecting a new object is extremely slow.

Here’s a microprofiler dump
Change the file extension to .html, for some reason zip and html files are blocked. That’s annoying when trying to do bug reports. Someone should fix this -.-
microprofile-20171019-184857.rbxl (101.5 KB)

Here’s a microprofiler snip showing what happens during this freeze:

5 Likes

Does this happen without plugins and in an empty baseplate?

2 Likes

Yes.
Another developer told me he had this issue and had to disable microsoft tablet drivers to fix it. I’ll try this later.

1 Like

I also have a similar issue. Any place file with a large part count lags when the first brick is selected. This lag takes around 8 seconds to clear up.

1 Like

For a few days now, I have been unable to use ROBLOX studio as every part I select lags studio for 2-3 seconds. It makes it very difficult to build.

The issue is occurring in studio on this game I am making: The Last Days - a new post apocalyptic, massively open-world game* as well as selecting a part on a blank baseplate also causing lag when selected.

The issue is strange as moving around in the game/map above in studio causes little lag (the map is very large and contains a lot of parts/textures). It is only when I select/insert a part studio freezes.

This has been a recurring issue if anyone knows anyone knows any fixes please let me know.

Specs:
Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
macOS Mojave v. 10.14.2

(this was merged from another post)

1 Like

I experience this issue as well after working in Studio for a long period of time. Eventually it starts to take nearly a full second for any selection operation to happen. As far as I remember, I only notice this in places with many parts, but I don’t often work in small places. This has happened for years.

Specs

1 Like

This is an old post and since then I have gotten a new PC.

I ‘fixed’ this problem by closing the properties tab when selecting parts. This then enabled me to build as smooth as normal.

Having the properties tab open whilst selecting a part/parts caused this 2-3 second lag to happen.

I’ve been having this problem. Trying to select things in the explorer results in quite a bit of lag. I have no large scripts open.

Do you have NVIDIA ShadowPlay installed by any chance? I was experiencing absolutely horrible Studio lag up until I disabled ShadowPlay’s overlay.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s really unfortunate. I use shadowplay quite often, so I’d rather not have to enable and disable it every time I use studio. Hopefully, they can fix this soon.

1 Like

It can also be having the explorer tab/properties tab open while selecting objects

Sometimes theres alot of lag for me if there is a humanoid in the workspace try checking in explorer.

1 Like

Closing these windows is just not an option for me. Like I said, hopefully they do something…