The Last Days - a new post apocalyptic, massively open-world game*

Hello everyone, I’ve been posting here periodically over the past few months on this map I’m working on, and I can finally say it’s finished, more or less (still some optimization to be done, one particular area is still underworks.)

The map is one of the largest explorable maps in roblox, each building is uniquely built all connected on a realistic road system in a post-apocalyptic environment. Inspiration was taken from the Last of Us.

I have tried my best to add as much detail to the buildings, roads etc., however, due to the amount of parts and textures it is very laggy to do more detailing in studio (more than 300k parts, thousands of textures…)

Made by Lazy Goat Studios

I am generally looking for feedback.

MAP LINK : The Last Days - showcase - Roblox

*-no gameplay yet, just the map for now.

68 Likes

This is an incredible looking game and well worth a visit. The lighting is very attractive, the background music is soothingly addictive and the overall attention to detail is excellent. I am sure that this game will become a hotspot for all types of Roblox players over the coming weeks and months. Well done to mer5000 on such a professionally constructed game. :star:

6 Likes

Agreed, It looks magnificent I also love the lighting

4 Likes

I am excited to see this as a full game, although zombie survival games exist on roblox, I’ve been waiting for one with an attention to detail in the open world similar to DayZ, this looks like it will have the same attention to detail and I’m excited.

1 Like

Wow this looks great, can’t wait to see this as a full game. Hopefully something like this could take the place of Apoc as the go to zombie apocalypse game. The original apoc isn’t updated anymore and is ridden with hackers and Apoc 2 is just a roblox version of unturned and I think we all know its gonna flop lol.

1 Like

Thank you for all the support guys

Things I really love about the map:

1. Its realism is outstanding!
  2. Surprisingly, performance stays somewhat high (it’s a pretty big deal for me since I have a low end PC)
  3. The overall mood really does feel like an apocalypse once occurred.
  4. Really Cool! The motion blur when you turn the camera. I like how it is proportional (the more you turn the bigger the blur). I just suggest tweaking it a bit, since it can get a bit “too much”.
  5. Great music!

If you are planning to make this into an entire game, I can’t wait for it! If not, hey it’s still really cool!

1 Like

I love that attention to detail, only minor lag on my Xbox One X when for example looking directly into the sun but I assume that’s gonna be optimized before release. I’ll edit this reply if I find something that looks odd in the game as im playing it right now. Edit: The camera shake is really annoying while driving also i think you should add an option to disable it entirely maybe. Edit 2:

The texture here looks repetitive

3 Likes

Thank you, I’ll decrease the camera shake and redo the texturing.

2 Likes

Looks very realistic and cool! I love the textures, great work!

1 Like

I think the map looks really nice but with so many parts you’re setting yourself up for failure, Roblox games cannot handle 300,000 parts on Mobile and such, these platforms cover 55% of Roblox’s user base and a large majority of Desktop users are most likely on average laptops/computers which aren’t built to run everything at the highest level of detail, I noticed your network receive was on red which means you may have lag issues once you introduce guns and coding to the equation.

Although I did have to point out the points above, the map looks really nice and I hope the game goes well for you.

7 Likes

I love the map as well, but I did not get much good performance out of it. I have yet to purchase a new graphics card, but on ROBLOX most of the time my new CPU runs most games just fine. But this game spiked for me on low graphics levels.

2 Likes

I’m well aware, the game will be heavily optimized near release. ROBLOX will be releasing procedural terrain generator which means grass can be generated automatically, which would mean removal of existing grass textures/meshes. This should make the map as a whole much, much more playable.

Also the skyscrapers/highrises will be heavily optimized, using 100 parts instead of a few thousand… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Nicely realistic as others have said, but I don’t enjoy the black borders (I know It’s to make it more cinematic).

I also don’t like the lighting since I believe it would make it harder to see or engage combat with other players.

1 Like

It is understandable that there may be a laggy game with all the textures and everything but it can easily be resolved. @mer5000 a way to do this is allowing players to enable and disable textures that are on the map. This way mobile and low end PC users can have smooth game play.

2 Likes

What ideas do you have planned in terms of features? Aside from the gorgeous map, what makes it stand out over other games? It’s going to be super important you get really good quality features to accompany the map!

1 Like

it will be similar to apocalypse rising, we plan on having zombies/some sort of mob at night time alone and a story mode soon enough.

What about building? Being able to build would add a very big aspect to the game.

1 Like

Wow, extremely realistic, I love the skybox.

1 Like

The map is open again, we’re currently looking for investors.

For potential investors: The Last Days - investment opportunity