Extremely High RAM Usage (Over 1 GB!)

(This Topic is over 3 years old lol!:joy::sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I saw that way too late, just wanted to be helpful. :skull:

Hey, shoutout to the fellas coming here years later. For anybody who wants to know what the problem is, it actually turns out it was the code.

Infinite Autocorrect works by having a large array of words to, well, autocorrect. To do so, it kept all words in a long, long table of strings; this made the engine cry.

To fix this, I turned the entire table into a single JSON string, and instead of converting it back to a table to read it, I just used string.sub and string.find to read and randomize the words picked from said string. Worked like a charm, and cut off hundreds of megabytes (and as a bonus, chopped off most CPU usage)! That being said, Roblox is much more hefty now and the base memory has increased since then, but that is out of my control.

2 Likes

I am glad you figured it out!

I spent afternoons playing that game, loving the repetitive nonsense of typing reports, eating garbage, and drinking pool water, all while wondering where the boss is at! :sweat_smile::grin:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.