Extremely Laggy Game

Yes, that is the case. It is needed for my game.

2 Likes

Can you listen to me? I already told you the reasons of why your game has high average ping.

2 Likes
local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local PhysicsService = game:GetService("PhysicsService")

local playerCollisionGroupName = "Players"
PhysicsService:CreateCollisionGroup(playerCollisionGroupName)
PhysicsService:CollisionGroupSetCollidable(playerCollisionGroupName, playerCollisionGroupName, false)

local function setCollisionGroup(object)
	if object:IsA("BasePart") then
		PhysicsService:SetPartCollisionGroup(object, playerCollisionGroupName)
	end

for _, child in ipairs(object:GetChildren()) do
		setCollisionGroup(child)
	end
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
		setCollisionGroup(character)
	end)
end)

This should be enough already. I picked this script from my old game and works normally

Your telling me something I already know. I need to know an alternative to make this not laggy.

1 Like

Okay, if my help is useless I might as well not waste my time in here.

1 Like

Okay, I will try it out and keep you updated. If there is no lag after a while I will mark the answer as correct.

1 Like

Although, my developer was lagging even opening studio. Could it be a problem with meshes my dev recently added? They are nothing big, but I guess I will just see how things go.

1 Like

Should always double check, I have had a game with a virus before and it killed the performance and when I used a virus plugin it fixed EVERYTHING! If you would like I have a suggestion, TG Guardian made by TGazza, very useful and it scans everything! 10/10 plugin.

Hey, this didnā€™t seem to work. The players collide with each other, no error.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry if I was rude. The problem with the script is, that it changes the collision every time a descendant of the character is created or destroyed. Thats just too many changes and since the script has like 30k+ rates I think the problem is really there

No, you were not rude. Your all good!

1 Like

Are u sure? I just tested this script and I canā€™t collide with players

The script should be in server script service

Yeah I am sure. Script in server script service. Still having issues.

1 Like

Are you testing it in studio? If you published the change and you are trying to test it in a live server, then make sure you shutdown servers, because the changes are going to be only in new servers

Update: It works with some things, but I think accessories still collide. I will fix this on my own.

1 Like

I think accessories donā€™t collide on default and the script should pick up any thing that is a descendant of player, so accessories should work tooā€¦

Its weird. Iā€™m not sure why you have this problem. I created a new place and used the same script and it works without issues

Why do you reset the collision group for an object when itā€™s removed from the character? At that point the object wonā€™t exist, so thereā€™s no point changing the collision group on DescendantRemoving

2 Likes

Well I changed it to :GetDescendants() and it is still having slight issues. It worked in studio with my avatar, but maybe it is certain avatars that have this issue. I donā€™t know.

1 Like