Extremely Laggy Game

Use this player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded instead of player.CharacterAdded. This should wait for every thing to load in character

Okay. I will try it. Wont get a result for a while though, because I do not want to shutdown the servers once again. I will keep you updated.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this could be the cause, but, the main difference between wait and task.wait is that wait can be throttled by the system as needed and task.wait cannot. I guess its possible that the amount of waits you have needs to be throttled, but for some reason, this seems doubtful to me.

1 Like

The meshes could definitely be a source of lag. I have seen a cupcake model with so many tri’s in it that if you got within 20 studs of the thing your framerate would drop to nothing and your pc fan would start blowing on high! No kidding, a cupcake model(each decoration on the cupcake was thousands of tri’s). Maybe ask him if his meshes are optimized and not too high-poly and densely placed.

But I think you are probably on the right track with that high frequency script you found.

2 Likes

Could’ve just used a Heartbleed loop/Stepped loop on each player’s character model, find any descendants which are of the main class BaseParts and then set their “CanCollide” property to false.

Not sure why this needed 40 replies.

Setting all the parts to CanCollide false would make them not collide with anything, OP was trying to get players to not collide with each other. Also, using Heartbeat on the server would be a terrible idea, especially since he was only setting it on character spawn and using a Heartbeat for that makes no sense.

Then he should be using collision groups instead, simple. Also, would mind explaining any of the opinions in your post?

That’s what he is using, not sure why you assumed he wasn’t.

Using Heartbeat on the server is bad because its firing every frame, or 1/60th of a second. Doing that on the server will start causing lots of lag. Heartbeat is good on the client because its local, it uses the players PC, and doesn’t strain the server or cause any ping.

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t referring to performing a heartbeat on the server, not sure where you got that idea from.