Extremely long loading times

EDIT; Issue fixed! Old thread.

3 Likes

Personally I wouldnt worry about loading time, in order to fix loading times your only option is to really increase lag, the way Robloxs rendering engine is its either loading time or lag.

2 Likes

So just did a run through and removed a ton of unions and meshes that were un-needed including parts. Tested streaming-enabled on and off, and it’s still obnoxiously long. I still don’t understand why loading times are this slow. Is there some sort of network issue, memory leak?

This doesn’t really make any sense, the goal is to improve loading times and performance. You can definitely achieve both.

All I can say is that if you had out some tool box meshes in some can slow down the game. I suggest checking some of the meshes you got from the toolbox.

Only took a couple seconds for it to load for me and I have a pretty bad laptop, if you keep having this issue try reuploading it, I find that helps whenever my games are laggy/load slowly

How does it take you 3 minutes to load the game with Streaming Enabled? What did you set the values to for Streaming Enabled? It shouldn’t take that long with it on…

It took me at most 10 seconds to load, but it is really laggy.

I’m not sure what the issue is? I loaded in in under 5 seconds and I have no lag at all.

Look into MicroProfiler if you’re still having issues.

Also look into Script Performance, odds are you have a memory leak.