EZ Camera Shake ported to Roblox

aight lemme try that real quick

Thanks to you, I was able to realize it quickly Thank you.

1 Like

How did you end up fixing it? itā€™s happening to me.

is there any way to make a shake return back into original camera cframe after its done?

This is really cool and i love it thats its really smooth but if you are going to call it easy to use atleast provide full example as i got confused in many parts of the script trying to figure it out

Either way the result was really good and i loved it

Has anybody had this problem where the camera shake module shakes the camera violently when a player joins the game? I canā€™t seem to figure out what the issue is.

1 Like

Iā€™m not calling the :Shake() method either, Iā€™ve only started the CameraShaker instance.

i have a problem with RemoteEvent so i want to make shake it from local script to server but its not working. why? here is script

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera

local CameraShaker = require(game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage'):WaitForChild("CameraShaker"));
local camShake = CameraShaker.new(Enum.RenderPriority.Camera.Value, function(shakeCf)
	camera.CFrame = camera.CFrame * shakeCf
end)

camShake:Start()

game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()
	camShake:Shake(CameraShaker.Presets.Explosion)
end)

I think you have to create a new CameraShake object with CameraShaker.new() and THEN use CameraShakeObject:Start() and CameraShakeObject:Shake(CameraShakerObject.Presets.Explosion)

1 Like

Hello, I am getting an error with the first script (CameraShaker) when I activate it. Here is it : ReplicatedStorage.CameraShaker:89: RenderPriority must be a number (e.g.: Enum.RenderPriority.Camera.Value)

If anyone could help, it would be very nice.

Iā€™ve been having the same exact problem, I could not t find any way to replicate this issue and I just donā€™t know how to fix it.

1 Like

Oh my god, how did you port this??
Anyways, iā€™ve given you a ā€œshoutoutā€ on my latest module. It works best with yours, soooā€¦
Anyways, thanks for this!

I feel like this is what happens when 1000 people hit you with Error in Slap Battles

Anyways, I dont think so for me. Iā€™ll try it later and see what happens. But I think you should just use ā€œCameraOffsetā€ for now.

Does anyone know how to make the camera shake with a remote event with a tuple that says which preset is meant to be used?

fire the remote with

remote:FireClient(player, CameraShaker.Presets.Explosion)

and then have the client do

remote.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(preset)
      camShake:Shake(preset)
end)
1 Like

I used this in unity and it works just as well in Roblox. Really good stuff here.

1 Like

atm this camera shake module isnā€™t user friendly bc its not so easy to understand how it works and how to use it

Not sure if this has been answered but I havenā€™t been able to find the answer.

How would I make the shake return to the origin mouse position as the shake ends the same way it shook away from the originally mouse position randomly?

it happens when ur frame dropā€¦ the shake adds up all at once once the frame isnt freezing anymore

1 Like

Looking to add this to my game but I have a custom camera that sets the CFrame of the camera already and is bound on RenderStep. If I increase the priority of the camera shake, it removes the custom camera Iā€™m using.

1 Like