EZ DESTRUCT - Make your own destructible objects in 2 minutes!

EDIT:
IM SO SORRY I FOR GOT TO LINK MODEL!!

HERE IS THE MODEL:

Hi! I got banned today while working on my game, :confused: and really wanted to do something in roblox studio. But with no access to my games I had to start on something new. I decided to try to make a “Destruction System” (Not sure if it actually is one) Its really simple and requires like no coding experience.

(However to make it viable for your own game you need to change some directories.)

DISCLAIMER
You must have 2 models, a normal one, and a broken one which is seperated into pieces. I recommend you use blenders Cell Fracture

Video of it in action:

Setup

There is a script in the model that explains it, but I will say it here too:

SCRIPT SETUP

Put destruction script anywhere, tools, parts, etcs. What ever works for you (Mine is in ServerScriptService)

Put Destruct Folder in ServerStorage

Thats all for Script Setup

MAKING YOUR OWN MODEL

**1**

Make your model you want to have destruction
Give it a tag named “Destructible”

**2**

Duplicate your model into ServerStorage/Destruct
Seperate your model into pieces, if you made it with parts, it will be hard. If you made it in blender, do this. If not I would recommend you export your model into blender.

FOR BLENDER

Click F3

Search for Cell Fracture.

Use Cell Fracture.

Export your model to roblox

You now have a destroyed Model!

Make sure that your Destruct Model, (Your duplicated model) has all parts without cancollide.

That should be it!

**\\\!!WARNING IMPORTANT!!///**

This might take a little modification, More specifically changing the “PART” Directory in the Destruction Script

The Destruction script does NOT need to be in serverScriptService

I would love feedback thanks for your time! :cowboy_hat_face:

And a poll cause why not?

RATE THIS MODEL (pls)

0 voters

3 Likes

Replacing a model by another one is not very hard to do, not sure i need a module for that, but if you made it actually create the broken model, it would be 10x better

1 Like

Sorry you’re right lol. I was thinking about this earlier. I’m barely good at scripting and this took me all day. I thought cause the last time I released a model everyone like it even though it was so simple. Thanks for the feedback, one question though, is it possible to slice a model into pieces? By model I mean parts, model, mesh, union.

You can slice parts, unions you could by also using unions but it would not be very optimised and mesh parts it could be possible with the new EditableMesh so yeah if you know how you could do it

I’ll try that! Not sure if editable meshes would work cause I don’t own the model? Idk I’ve never used them. Ty for feedback! :grinning:

EditableMeshes just need to be enabled in the beta features menu

1 Like