EZ Fabrik IK [Deprecated] - Inverse Kinematics Intended for any Motor6d Rig

19 January 2021 changelog

As of 19 January 2021, this module is deprecated due to the number of bugs especially the glaring problem when one of the model’s parts is not oriented (0,0,0) which will cause the leg to bend in a weird way, moreover, the organization of the module is well not that good due to excessive inheritance for the constraints.

Consequently, yeah use the newer CCDIKController which is much easier to use in my opinion especially with the newer constraint methods to make the inverse kinematics behave as it should be.

Perhaps I’ll see if I can also combine both FABRIK and CCDIK methods into the other resource so stay tuned for updates.

3 Likes

It doesn’t say if it’s server sides so… is it server sided or no? If ‘no’ then why?

For this question, well it’s up to you. All the module does is change the C0 of the motors meaning if you use it in a local script it’ll be local and if you do it on a server script it’ll be server-sided.

But if you notice the performance of around 2%-6% activity then it’s advisable to do it only on the client for performance reasons if the intended purpose is aesthetical which inverse kinematics usually is.

The client could do all the calculations and only send a position to the server, which means it would run faster. Spread the load or something? Idk I just want server sided ik.

What you can do to make it server sided yet performance-kind, is to use client replicated scripts. What I mean is that a local script would be added to every player that joins the game (maybe in the player gui, player scripts etc). This will not make it show on the server, but It will show on everyone else in the game.

1 Like