ezVisualz - UIGradient and UIStroke effects made easy!

This is an amazing module, but I do have one issue that I can’t use it within a “BillboardGui” it just returns a “false” value

1 Like

Just published a fix for that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

1 Like

No worries, Thank you for updating! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello, I was using the module on a nametag, I don’t know if it is suitable to use on a nametag, I was using it normally, after I updated the module to the last version, this error appears when restarting the character,

the error comes from the function starting with recursive (the studio is not open to see the full name of the function)

1 Like

It’s definitely suitable to use it for a nametag, I was using it in my own game for the nametag. Just put out a fix for this bug!

1 Like

Updated and fixed/added a couple things:

• It pauses when a parent/ancestor is hidden/disabled, but also resumes as soon as its back, you can now pass in a parameter to the Effect.new to stop it from automatically resuming.
  • If Gradient detects there’s already a UIGradient inside the UIInstance, it will just use that.
  • If Stroke detects there’s already a UIGradient inside the UIInstance, it will use that.

:smiley:

In love with this module! Easy to learn and understand.

Currently using it for my new upcoming game and I love how it stands out!

Animation2

8 Likes

Some Amazing work here!

Use this module for almost all my projects and It’s just a lifesaver. Helps my games stand out and look much more appealing. Appreciate the work you’ve put into it!

1 Like

Is there any way you can make it more optimized for larger scale use? Because my UI uses it a lot and it makes me drop quite a bit of FPS.
With Effects:

No Effects:

1 Like

Yeah I can see that -30 fps dip, that would be annoying for anyone using it on a large scale.
The release was first, then optimizations. So I’ll be working on the optimizations over the next couple of weeks, and everyone else is able to contribute optimizations aswell if they want.

For now, you could try doing things like when it’s not being seen or rendered, pause or destroy it. We already have measures doing this on a small and simple scale, but nothing too fancy, you’d need to implement some yourself.

1 Like

Your issue might be an incorrect implementation of the module. To achieve optimal performance, you should hide all effects that are not directly visible to the user - e.g. if you have a settings frame using effects, pause or destroy all effects running in the settings UI unless it’s visible to the user.

From a design standpoint, you should ideally limit the application of effects to just 3 screen components, specifically the nametag elements, in your case. As for the left-hand toggles, consider applying effects only when users hover over or click on them. This approach not only minimizes the number of effects but also enhances the overall visual appeal. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

2 Likes
  • Roblox released an update that kind of broke the sequences on ColorSequences, but looks like its been fixed now, make sure to double check if yours is working!

Is there a way to use this without needing the ColorSequence Start and End points being the same color?

1 Like

You don’t need to have the end point being the same color as the start point, that’s just some of the templates we created. Try it out

I can’t script and I want to ask how I can add this animated stroke to my gui frame

1 Like

That’s the thing. When it wasn’t the same, it looked like an epileptic mess.

1 Like

then learn how to script and do it

1 Like

Could be something to do with Roblox, they updated it and it made a-lot of the preset effects look like an epileptic mess, but then they fixed it. One of the presets has a Start and End point that do not have the same colors, so perhaps you are configuring the preset wrong? Send your preset code here.

cool module but i realized if this module cost alot of Data Bandwidth (at receive) like 1 script using a easyvisual that cost 5-10 KB/s and it cost alot of performance

Yeah, can be quite costly depending how you use it. It has to make alot of calculations + update the number/color sequences 24/7, so it’s best recommended to only use a few, and should be paused/resumed when the UI is hidden/shown.