Factory Asset Pack - v1.0 UPDATE!

Hey everyone, I figured I’d share this NieR: Automata inspired asset pack I made.

NEW IN V1.0!

• Fence that is fully modular and customizable, allowing you to customize how long or high you want it to be.
  • 5 small utility boxes that are made to be placed on walls. Optimized with small but detailed textures.
  • A new low-poly barrel that serves as a highly optimized alternative for the high-poly barrel.

These assets should be up to a professional level of modeling and texturing and are entirely free for you to use in any project you would like! I plan on updating and expanding this asset pack when I have the chance (see To-do list).
The idea behind this was to make low-poly models but with high-fidelity textures in an attempt to balance performance and visuals. Please let me know your thoughts!

Assets:
Factory Assets - v1.0 - Roblox
Factory Assets - v0.8 - Roblox

Demo Place: Nier-Inspired Showcase - Roblox

In-game screenshots vs. NieR: Automata screenshots:

New in 1.0

[/details]

I’ve learned a lot from this project and am currently building a portfolio and looking for work, if you’ve got any questions please shoot me a message. Silvix#1850 Anyways, hope yall enjoy! :^)

To-do:
  • Entirely re-make Barrel (600 tris is way too much) :heavy_check_mark:

Reduced to 116 tris in v1.0

• Combine smallers textures to one UV for optimization :heavy_check_mark:

New barrel and utility boxes share same UVmap in 1.0

• Make new asset: Fence :heavy_check_mark:
  • Make new asset: Utility Boxes :heavy_check_mark:
  • Add detail to color map for LargeCrate
  • Make another fabric sheet - more realistic deformation
  • Any requests or suggestions let me know!
Post Edits:
  • 2022/01/21:

v1.0 release (added screenshots and updated to-do)
Rewrote/formatted page

• 2022/01/25:

Updated 1.0 model to actually include fence model (oops). Thanks to the kind individual that reached out to me.

40 Likes

When i was was looking i instantly got horror game vibes. :smile:

Good job though, these look really cool!

2 Likes

This is pretty nice. NieR: Automata is one of my favorite games of all time as well.

Depending on how interested you are in continuing this and if you’re feeling up for it, I’d be interested in supporting you to further develop assets in the style of NieR: Automata. One of my side hobby-projects involves recreating the combat and control scheme from NieR: Automata.

It would be interesting to combine the two at some point. Though I’ve only just begun working on that a week ago ironically. Currently working on perfecting the camera system.

But either way, nice work :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah now that I’ve released the 1.0 update I’ll be spending more time on the Talent Hub but this will continue to be a side-hobby project for me as well. Support is nice and comes many forms, so even your comment is a strong form of support for me.

Developing the control and combat scheme sounds interesting as someone who doesn’t code. NieR:Automata has some really smooth and intricate movement/combat so it sounds like a lofty and respectable goal. I wish you the best of luck and if you’ve got specific requests of assets I’ll be sure to add it to my to-do list. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the support amigo.

2 Likes