Factory Game Devlog #1

Hey! Been a while since I’ve posted anything scripting related. I recently picked it up again and made some big progress on my factory game I started back in August but ended up dropping. I haven’t posted anything on it here previously, but I may show off some early footage from when the game was taking its first baby steps. Thanks in particular to my bud NowEdman for teaching me some new things I didn’t know!

(DevForum won’t let me upload the dang file so here’s a link to my YouTube video)

By the way, here’s what I have planned next! I’ll be posting more devlogs in the future :wink:

• Finish Truck
  • Sell boxes
  • Breakroom
  • Box GUI improvement
19 Likes

Pretty sick stuff this reminds of a tycoon but just more immersive and interactive

3 Likes

Thanks! My original inspirations were a cross between tycoons and those simulation type games like RoBio!

1 Like

Also I feel like ive seen your name somewhere, have you made a popular game before or something?

I’ve been following Dwiddle haha, you might’ve seen me on one of your posts before

1 Like

Ohhhhh OMGGG dude i remember you sorry dude

yknow the fame has just gone to my head
:clown_face:

1 Like

I really like the look of this so far. Seems like it’d be pretty satisfying playing it. One criticism is that maybe the movement for the boxes should be something other than just pushing them with your character, or maybe their friction might just need some changing since they slipped off your character a bit. Looks fun though!

1 Like

Thank you! I have click and dragging planned for way later down the line. That kinda thing is currently far outside what I know, so it’ll be a while until I implement that. I’ll probably start looking more into it once the main gameplay loop is finished, though.

2 Likes

Oo, looks amazing so far, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Wow this is even better than my Devlog, epic :smiley: