Failed to create key for elevation policy

I got this error today ah Roblox please fix this. I had to run as admin to workaround

1 Like

I am seeing this issue again as well. I cannot launch studio from the website and must manually navigate to my place to work (even with setting the “Run As Administrator” tickbox to true).

4 Likes

I have added another workaround that has been working for me flawlessly over the past two months. I have not encountered this issue since using the fix. This issue happening in the first place does appear to still require a resolution.

Seems like i’ve found a workaround.

By uninstalling Roblox Studio and reopening it: worked, surprisingly. You can also try to open it by the versions folder itself, but it is more tricky to do.

Go to the main folder by clicking ‘open file location’ when you right click the shortcut. From there, open ‘RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe’ properties. In the ‘Compatibility’ menu enable ‘Run as an administrator’ and save.

7 Likes

If you don’t want this error, never run any roblox file as administrator.

Now if you actually did, type in the windows searcher “Run” > then type “%appdata%” > upside files locations press appdata, then go to > Local > and find the file “Roblox” and delete it, if you are not sure just copy it and paste it on the desktop so you can have it as a recovery file, now after you did that and you uninstalled roblox/studio player files. Install again Roblox/Studio Player and your problem should be fixed.

7 Likes

Cool, it works when i cant install a plugin.

Checked it out and says it has a trojan? not sure if you found the wrong thing but uh- might wanna look into that

Using %localappdata% speeds up the process.

3 Likes

As of May 23rd, 2022 this is still an issue. Roblox seems to have a lot of issues. From moderation to developers’ tools. Not sure what’s up with that. It is excessive but iv noticed Roblox is out of the ordinary, especially with frequent downtimes the past few months. They gotta be losing capital over all of this no doubt.

8 Likes

I can confirm. I’ve been getting this issue a lot more often now, it’s really annoying to have to deal with.

1 Like

@OuterspaceNemo Have we got an update yet? This is a really annoying bug that could do with sorting. Half a year later.

2 Likes

Still an issue! Its honestly been like a year now, come on Roblox :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

It has worked for me. I decided to change the directory of the shortcut.
From: "C:\...\RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe" -ide to "C:\...\RobloxStudioBeta.exe" -ide
To do:
Simply just remove the word Launcher between Studio and Beta. I hope this works out for you guys. Whenever it updates, hopefully it wouldn’t be bothersome to rename it, since updates don’t come out like everyday.

Side notes: I have encountered the error but I ran it with administrator. After changing the shortcut directory, it did not prompt any error.

2 Likes

You will not receive updates this way

Mine just got updated right now, even though it’s place like that. I am not sure of what you actually meant.

Edit: Running Administrator is what I am doing for now on.

What I meant was, don’t try running Roblox or Studio as administrator mode, because once you do, as said here:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to download plugins when you get this error message?

Alright, I will have to uninstall it and keep some back-up files.

I found out how to fix it, it even fixed the opening from the site only for those ones who opened the roblox studio from name of admin so you need to make it “open up with name of admin” on all users something like this

How to do this, go to combality and change setting for all users

and click on this
It should work cuz i already said that it opens up from site

4 Likes