"Failed to grant Universe permission to use asset"

Roblox is spamming this when I publish to my own place, with my own, authorized sounds, on my own account (both ways).

“Failed to grant Universe permission to use asset”

its gross and misplaced if its actually acting,
of course,
but then, what am I to do?

I personally cant tell if the sounds are or are not heard in my own game if they are getting this error at this time.

7 Likes

Not only this, but I don’t even understand what the grant question I’m being asked means.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 18.52.54

If I press “GRANT” here I don’t really understand what am I granting and to whom.

1 Like

Granting access means
to any audio you have access (like uploaded)
you grant this experience access to those audios (that you have access to, and can consequently give access to the target place)
any other private audio is just ungranted.

The problem is, I am getting these errors for the audio I do in fact own and have uploaded, its nonsensical. In a place on my account, furthermore.

2 Likes

Yeah the same thing is happening to me as well!

Even when I “grant permission” the output bar still spams that message, and the sound cannot be heard in game. Really stupid because it is in MY place on MY account and they are MY sounds.

I know not everything can be perfect but come on not allowing a user to use their own sounds in their own game??!?

6 Likes

Yeah I have the same problem I don’t know how to fix this

I recently made a post to this with someone experiencing this issue and it seemed to work fine for them, so let me try to explain it better here in a more “tutorial” like way.

For whatever reason, Roblox is failing to allow permissions to that asset. Before you do what I say below, make sure to ensure that you actually have the right to use this audio. If you do and this error persists, for whatever reason Roblox thinks you don’t have permission to whitelist the experience. This is probably a bug and should resolve soon, but for now try the following:

Go onto the Roblox website, find the Audio ID in question. Press “Configure”. Direct yourself to the “Settings” tab. It should look like the following:

Now, you’ll have to find the UniverseId associated with the place you’d like to grant access. This is different from the PlaceId. You can use your PlaceId to find the UniverseId simply by using Robloxs API. Paste this URL into your browser:

https://api.roblox.com/universes/get-universe-containing-place?placeid=5773630585
-- replace 5773630585 with your placeId
-- will return {"UniverseId":2048167896}, 2048167896 is the UniverseId

Copy and paste your UniverseId into there, and that should grant access and work out. This is a tedious process, so I’m hoping Roblox will eventually be able to fix doing this via Studio rather than having to do this from the website. Let me know if this worked for you or if you all are still experiencing issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, interestingly enough the audio works fine in the roblox player, but not in studio testing.

for some reason i can’t use others sounds now. “User ID bla bla bla is not authorized to GrantAssetPermissions.”

Are these assets you own?

The Universe ID is already in the list, and adding it again does nothing. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks, but the fact that this is auto rejecting in studio STILL is a nightmare. I am prob going to bug report this.

EDIT: filed report

Nascent report here: Grant Universe permission to use asset | Rejecting UserId sounds to UserId experiences

Hey @MrGreystone,

Sorry to hear about that. When you click the the playback button in the property widget does can you hear the audio?

I’ll quote my post here, because I believe it’s related most likely

So what I’ve used to fix this is the marketplace permission setting. Go to the audio, go to configure, then scroll down till you see “Select Universe Permissions” or something like that. Next, go to your game, take the Universe ID (Under Configure Experience), and paste the ID into the audio universe permissions thing from before.

It will let you use it, hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

no? they aren’t mine and i don’t know why this thing exists

You’re not able to use audio assets that are not owned by you anymore.

damn… that is worst update…and can u give me that page link?

Thank you for this information, helps alot. Spent a lot of time revamping the sound design of my open world game. Not a big fan of the update however.

1 Like