[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

So I uploaded a sound on march 19th at about 19:00 it is now march 23rd at about 8:00 it’s still not accepted, I don’t even know if it’s actually going to be accepted and I would have wasted a bunch of days on just waiting and seeing if I get warned or not. In my opinion having to wait (right now already about 4 days) and probaly more is just unacceptable.

4 Likes

awesome gotta reupload all audio assets well over 50+ while i can only get 10 audio uploads a month

3 Likes

It’s not related. I feel like it’s completely random if you have an ID. Other than that, you’re stuck with 10 :disappointed:

3 Likes

no I have 2000 uploads per month without Dev Ex or being verified with ID
(through my research I believe upload limit is based on total Place visits you have)

4 Likes

Just re-upload it I had the same issue with one of my uploads where after 3 days it got declined for no reason (maybe moderation just gave up)
After I tryed to upload again it immediately got accepted

4 Likes

I’m confused on how does the new permission system work, I have a Team Create experience and I upload audios to a different account for the sake of management, I have already approved the audio to be played on the experience but yet everyone except the player owning the audio cannot hear the music and would get the following error below:

18:53:48.442  [ACTION ITEM] Universe doesn't have permissions for Sound asset: <id>. Click here to grant Universe permission to asset.  -  Studio
  18:53:48.443  Failed to load sound rbxassetid://<id>: Unable to download sound data  -  Studio

When I click on it, I get a dialog asking to approve the audio or not, when I approve it I get this:

18:55:56.194     Failed to grant Universe permission to use asset <id>: Status(StatusCode="PermissionDenied", Detail="User ID 124648395 is not authorized to GrantAssetPermissions.")

How am I supposed to play audios from another account that has already allowed access to that experience? That account is friends with me, has team create access, already approved the audio to be used at the experience, yet everyone else cannot play the audio.

8 Likes

Roblox audio seems to be all over the place right now. The only audio I can guarantee that will work is roblox made audio. It’s the only one that actually worked for me.

3 Likes

Somebody had a great idea to string multiple audio files into one file. You could also combine this with speedup, but you would lose some quality. It’s not recommended to replace audio right now though, since moderation is pretty broken and it might get moderated for no reason. You should probably use roblox sounds as placeholders until this stuff rolls over.

3 Likes

I don’t trust that Roblox will actually re-enable the SFX because there are other roblox teams not doing their job. A big example of this is the moderation team allowing tens of hundreds of NSFW decals on roblox each day and then not deleting them for ~2-5 days. Plus why don’t they extend the SFX clips from 6 seconds to like 15 seconds because a lot of sfx like cannons have like 8 seconds of reverb.

Not true. I’ve uploaded 6 full 3-minute audios that are no copyright, and they haven’t gotten moderated. You just need to state where you got it from and have a license to use it.

(Of course, they all have vocals and are still very enjoyable. (Better than just silence!))

3 Likes

Ok, thanks I’ll try that April 9 when I get my 10 more uploads.

1 Like

Is anyone else unable to assign permission for Experiences to use audio at the moment? I’ve tried on multiple sounds that I own and cannot even enter an ID. Extremely disheartening that I cannot immediately resolve the problem the new changes have created, given people are now complaining to me that my game is silent.

Not exactly thrilled that I need to go through each sound individually and assign permission manually either (as the total number of sounds I need to do this to is well over a hundred or so).

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be possible right now to use the share to all experiences. Mine is auto set to specific experiences, and I can’t change that. It’s probably another bug.

Right, but can you input any ID’s for specific experiences? I can’t click on the textbox to input anything, nor can I select “Specific Experiences” via clicking the checkbox.

Problem is that it would waste another audio effect limit out of the 9 more I can upload until april 18th.

3 Likes

SFX (<6 seconds) is set to public usage by default, you can’t change that for whatever reason.

So these audios cannot be set to private, as long as one has the ID they can download and play each and one of them, despite this update’s goal being privacy.

But we know music was targeted for a lawsuit, so in the end it makes sense as to why short audios cannot really be protected just yet.

4 Likes

Well dang, you could have gotten 100 audio uploads if you verified with your personal information, such as your personal information drivers license or personal information photo ID or your personal information passport or whatever personal information identification so you can get more than 10 uploads per month.

That shouldn’t be necessary. This update trades paying basic currency for audio with personal ID, with extremely small leeway. I don’t know how much you respect online databases or your personal info, but some of us would prefer an alternative option. Not everybody is comfortable submitting that kind of information online. Gov’t IDs are very sensitive info.

11 Likes

When i find good musics on apm, i cannot find it on Roblox.

1 Like

how I can find sounds that are not made by Roblox

1 Like

Some of us live in places that issue non-photo IDs and some of us don’t drive and roblox support just tells you to read the age verification article even if you tell them beforehand it doesn’t help so…

2 Likes