"Failed to load game settings" error on Baseplate

Happened to me too. I live in Australia and use a MacBook Air if its any use. :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Having the same problem now.
It doesn’t show when I open an existing game, only when I open a new place.

1 Like

This has been happening to me since yesterday, and occurs in everything I try to open. However, studio gets all messed up and I can’t really open or do anything.
I also get way more details…

I am using Windows 10, if that helps.

2 Likes

We have flipped a setting which was causing this to appear. Can anyone confirm if this is still happening?

2 Likes

It is not appearing in either of my two cases anymore.

However, the error did make obvious the problem of game information being unreadable even if the Start Place of the game is uncopylocked.

1 Like

For me, the error message does not pop up anymore, but everything in studio still looks messed up.

I’ll try reinstalling Roblox if this keeps happening.

2 Likes

Can confirm the error message doesn’t pop up anymore, Studio is working perfectly for me though.

1 Like

I have updated Roblox Studio and everything works perfectly now.

1 Like

I’d like to reopen this bug report as I have recently started to become plagued by this issue in the exact same capacity as originally reported. A lot of features on Studio are disabled either when I attempt to create a new place (Ctrl + N) or open the Baseplate template directly. It is happening 100% of the time as of right now.

I started first experiencing this issue either sometime yesterday or for all of today. It’s been harming my productivity which is especially crucial for me across the next 2 weeks (wrt Accelerator program showcase improvement).

9 Likes

I have started experiencing this issue too, and it is causing some weird effects. When I moved a part in object space, it caused everything in workspace except the part to move. After loading an older place this issue does not occur.

An update to this: I have recently discovered that permission is denied for any uncopylocked place on Roblox, not just template places (which are in themselves open source places by default that you open and edit). I am able to open my own places just fine with no issue.

For the time being, so that I’m able to actually work, I’ve needed to create my own blank baseplate file that I can open up and work from. It’s a lot more annoying to do this instead of just being able to open a template place with no problems, but these next few days are critical for me.

I only have one leftover problem (all my plugins have inexplicably disappeared), which may be a separate issue. I’m thinking about that “some Studio features may be disabled” bit.

2 Likes

Another update: this issue is currently causing a CONSISTENT 100% ERROR with the localisation suite. The LoadPluginMetadata script throws an error which makes the localisation tools completely unusable. This issue will occur 100% of the time when the permission denied modal shows up.

This is my entire console when starting a new place:

And as copyable text:

03:10:45.524 - DataModel Loading https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset/?id=95206881
03:10:51.188 - Unable to load universe. Permission denied
03:10:51.191 - Failed to load game settings, some Studio features have been disabled.
03:10:52.434 - Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Src.Thunks.LoadPluginMetadata:55: HttpResponse = { responseTimeMs : 166.95094108582, responseCode : 400, responseBody : { errors : table: 0xf6ca777e5db2ed69 }, requestOptions : { Url : https://gameinternationalization.roblox.com/v1/autolocalization/games/28220420/autolocalizationtable, Method : POST, Body :  } }
03:10:52.437 - Stack Begin
03:10:52.438 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Framework.Util.Promise', Line 325 - function await
03:10:52.438 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Src.Thunks.LoadPluginMetadata', Line 55
03:10:52.439 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Rodux.thunkMiddleware', Line 10
03:10:52.440 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Rodux.Store', Line 62
03:10:52.441 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Src.Thunks.LoadPluginMetadata', Line 85
03:10:52.441 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Rodux.thunkMiddleware', Line 10
03:10:52.442 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Rodux.Store', Line 62
03:10:52.443 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Src.MainPlugin', Line 89 - function didMount
03:10:52.443 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Roact.Component', Line 296 - function __mount
03:10:52.445 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Roact.createReconciler', Line 317 - function mountVirtualNode
03:10:52.446 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Packages.Roact.createReconciler', Line 351 - function mountVirtualTree
03:10:52.447 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Bin.main', Line 21 - function init
03:10:52.448 - Script 'Plugin_LocalizationTools.rbxm.LocalizationTools.Bin.main', Line 32
03:10:52.449 - Stack End

Reproduction steps are simply to open any template or uncopylocked place and look at the console.

I did reinstall Studio, though that didn’t do anything of course because this is a server-side error.

4 Likes

Can confirm this is happening 100% for Localisation i create a new baseplate and is affecting my RemoteEvents in some form of a way causing some to not work on a baseplate, then work on another baseplate.

A joyful update: I am no longer receiving the settings failed warning when opening new places. This has been resolved and can once again be put to rest. :smile:

2 Likes

Bumping because it’s starting to happen to me, but not only with baseplates or uncopylocked games, but also my games and the games in my group. this is starting to get annoying.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if I re-“publish to roblox” the game, it shows me the same error AGAIN. and technically this means i cannot access sub places anymore. very annoying :angry:

Yep, it’s back. Started experiencing this a few days ago, and it occurs when opening any kind of place (even empty baseplates).

Additionally, the following text appears in the output.

“Error while loading entities for universe (placeId): HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)”

FYI the plugin icon issues have been popping up since before this began occuring. They’re seemingly unrelated.

@BorpyYT @0skarian

This new behavior may be intentional. It displays whenever assets fail to load on startup, whether it’s plugins, or in your game.

If this even is a bug, I think this new incident should be a separate topic. The original bug report pertains to uncopylocked games.

I’m looking into it at the moment. If I determine this is a bug, I intend to file a new bug report.

Even if the behavior is intentional, it’s a bit dramatic to disable important windows such as the Game Explorer just because a few plugins failed to load.

1 Like

Hello, I made my reply about 2 hours ago and by now I have found the solution believe it or not. If you are having the same problem go to studio settings and reset all your settings, then go to beta features and disable all features. that’s how i fixed it. if it doesnt work, then i don’t know what will.

I had this error which was annoying. I was making a map with assets, but once, the error happened when I was posting textures. I experienced this one before.

1 Like