Failed to load sound ID error spam, cant find source

So Im working a copy of a game and recently I noticed the “failed to load sound ID” error being spammed hundreds of times over the coarse of a few seconds in client dev console, it doesn’t create any additional lag that iv noticed, I want to stop the spam but cant locate where the sound is, I tried using the asset manager, audio discovery, came up blank. is there any way I can filter sound’s by their ID in studio or some other solution ?

2 Likes

this has happened to me, im also experiencing this with my game with a sound i dont have in it, and for me it is actually lagging the game to the point of unplayability. a new update roblox rolled out probably caused this, and from what ive seen we just have to wait until they fix it again.

I searched the ID and it leads to some random model, weird

Yes, this is also happening to me and when I test my game in studio it lags the game a lot.

Ah yeah I was about to report this issue too, it has been happening to me as well.

This happens when a sound is not yet granted permission to be used in another one of your experiences.

I would suggest removing the script or instance where the sound is coming from.

This is a problem generally when a sound has been moderated or is not authorised for use in a game. Update means that it just continues to spam check the audio to ensure that it loads… Causes severe server lag and crashes.

1 Like

Just delete the sound object using Audio Discovery in Plugins. You should be able to find it.

They don’t appear in it so that’s why I’ve messaged on the forum instead. Even assets set to rbxassetid://0 will spam

Having this same problem as well. Using ctrl+find all tool yields no results for the given ID I am missing. The Audio plugin tool also yields no results. It fully seems like the audio is not even in the game at all. Even ran a script at runtime and 15 seconds after runtime to search for the ID. Still nothing.

Seems to be fixed now, haven’t seen big log files recently.

Though, maybe the other game developers patched it.