Failed to load sound: Temp read failed

I threw together a quick script that plays music based off of your zone, but when I change a Sound’s ID, it refuses to load. I added the ID in the permissions page in creator hub for the experience, and the issues persists. The asset is uploaded by Roblox.

3 Likes

maybe add the sound to the soundservice and do soundname:Play()

3 Likes

Still the same thing. The second I change the any sound ID, despite if me or Roblox owns the sound, it says failed to load sound. Also worth noting that decals I upload aren’t showing up in Studio, only ingame, despite having uploaded them hours ago and free textures and decals working fine in Studio.

2 Likes

could u show a code for the script of the sound??

1 Like
game.SoundService.Music.SoundId = 1841998974
game.SoundService.Music:Play()
3 Likes

Instead, just insert a “Sound” into Soundservice and paste the id there. then get the sound and try using this

local soundservice = game:GetService("SoundService") 
local Music = soundservice.Music
Music:Play()

(make sure the music variable is a sound in soundservice)

3 Likes

Just tried it that way, seems to be doing the same exact thing.

Are you sure its a soundid? and check if u added any spaces or anything to the id

1 Like

I am certain. I have checked with multiple ids.

1 Like

I did some more testing on this, it looks like the issue only occurs if I try to load a sound mid-game. If I put the ID into an audio in workspace and set it to playing, and then start the game, it runs perfectly fine.

1 Like

You should be using a Content string instead of an ID.

game.SoundService.Music.SoundId = "rbxassetid://1841998974" 
game.SoundService.Music:Play()

https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Sound#SoundId

5 Likes

Not sure how I managed to forget this after only a month break, but you’re a lifesaver.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.