Failed to Load Sound, Unable to Load Sound Data

Multiple Failed to load sound unable to load sound data errors, causing scripts to fail and sounds to not play.

All working fine before for weeks. Will randomly work so it must be a Roblox issue.

The sounds are NOT moderated and are completely fine. I can play them in studio and in preview. If I change the soundIds to simple things from the tool box like static or fire generic sounds, same issue, indicating it’s a roblox issue and not with that specific sound asset.

Anyone gone through this? Any fixes or advice appreciated.

Are you creating the sounds through a code or otherwise setting the ID of a sound object through code?

IIRC, this error can occur when you set the ID through code, so you could instead have a bunch of sounds in ReplicatedStorage, which you then access when you need to play the sound

Nope, they’re all premade and stored inside characters in Replicated Storage.

Sounds are all made and owned by me and the group that owns the game.

Play completely fine in studio and have previously worked.

I’ve also noticed that two of my sound assets have been in moderation review for a week now. Maybe something is up with Roblox’s audio system?

EDIT) Deleting these two audios with the moderation review has removed all Failed to load errors, but the audio in question still doesn’t play. If I play it manually in a command bar it works fine.

FIXED)

Deleting the two assets that were in review somehow “freed” the other sounds and let them load.

Other issue was with a scripting issue causing the :Play() and :Stop() for that specific sound to happen simultaneously.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.