Fake Chat Gui - Allows you to chat for people

Hello this is my first post on #resources:community-resources.

Fake Chat Gui:

What is it?

Fake chat gui is a gui that allows you to chat for people in your game:

Uncopy-locked game:

Model:

How does it work?

Well first of all I would like to credit these posts:

How to use it

In the model you will get 4 objects, a ScreenGui, RemoteEvent and 2 Scripts.

Put the Remote event in ReplicatedStorage, the 2 scripts in ServerScriptService and the ScreenGui in ServerStorage.

One of the scripts is named “GiveGui” in it you will see a table like this:

local PlayersToGive = {
   "SpacialEthanRB";
}

Inside of the table add you and anyone else you want to get the Fake Chat gui.

If you want everyone to get it disable or delete the “GiveGui” script and put the FakeChatGui in StarterGui.

If there are any problems tell me.

A few things I want to say:

I am fairly new to scripting.
You could probably do this better.
Sorry if this already exists(I couldnt find one that does).
Also I am not that good a ui design, feel free to change it.

Thanks for reading and I hope you find use for this.

Updates:

Version 1.1

Added an open / close button

15 Likes

What would this be used for???

3 Likes

Probably RPG Games or other types that require a fake in game chat

4 Likes

Couldn’t this be easily abused? Like with scam games?

2 Likes

You can use this to talk for your players.

Yeah as there are lot of games that use the ROBLOX Icon and badge in the leaderstats to scam other users. Same for the messages in the chat

You can only chat for people who are in the sever.

2 Likes

Oh then my bad! Thought it was something you could not use to chat with other players. So basically it’s like the messaging system inside of Rocitizens?

2 Likes

This is pretty awesome :smiley: This can be used for like a cool YouTube video or something similar to that… Can you make it so every player that joins the game can do this, because I was thinking about making a game with something along the lines of the players can control each others chat, similar to what some admin commands can do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In the post I explained how to do so:

Also I am happy you think this is pretty awesome.

Oh ok thank you, sorry I just browsed through the post instead of fully reading it all the way! Thanks for this awesome resource, and big thanks for contributing something very useful to the community; best wishes, MrSavage261 :slight_smile:

1 Like

But why would anyone want to do that? I know some games force players to chat in dialogue or other situations but this doesn’t seem to be that, this just looks like something to be used for trolling people, which again, I don’t see why any developer would want to do that

I would be very careful when creating systems like this, as it can be really easily used as a tool for abuse and Roblox can take it as such.

You could use it for an admin command to troll people

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I made it, I thought it would be cool to use it with my friends and decided to make it open sourced.

Do you fire say chat request remote event or some tricky method

What do you mean?

Sorry I don’t understand what you are saying

I mean to make people chat there is a RemoteEvent in ReplicatedStorage called SayChatRequest(im %100 sure its not called like that but it was something like that) when you fire it in the player it will chat for you so im asking did you use that method or some tricky method like creating a message then copying it for all players

Fair warning: impersonating users and speaking for them can result in moderation action depending on what you’re saying, because you could be giving someone else a bad reputation.

I do not recommend using this resource. Speaking for other players should only be done by the server and for an absolutely necessary use case (there really isn’t any use case in which it’d be necessary to be completely honest), it should never be able to be done by a client like this.

9 Likes

There is a remote event that is fired from the client to the server:

1 Like