Family Development Team Gets Ready to Release After 2 Years!

TTKThumbnailv2

ROBLOX - TAKE THE KEEP
PlayGameButton120YouTubeVideoButton120
Play Now! — Gameplay

:european_castle: Background

We are Family Dev Team named Salah Studio and really excited to get ready to release a game we’ve been working on for the past 2 years - Take the Keep! Learning each development aspect from scratch, Roblox has created this great opportunity for us to learn and have fun together!

:hammer_and_wrench: About

Adventure into the war between the three realms. Join in and battle for glory to take over the towers that control the land. Band together with friends and siege the defense to take the keep!

Take the Keep is an epic RPG with great battles, grouping, PVP raiding, resource collection, crafting, leveling, and sophisticated model pets that interact alongside you in battle or adventure. The castle and tower sieging is super fun with catapults, rams and ladders to take control of the realm!

:shield: Open World Team PVP
Fun team battles with up to 13-player same team raiding; and pets battle with you! Experience tracking allows the players to level up and show off their PVP status while unlocking exciting abilities to use against enemy knights. Siege weapons are available to craft to use catapults, rams and ladders to aid the knights in blasting through the enemy defenses! Dual your rival to prove who rules the land. Can you make the global leaderboard?
PVPBattleShort CatapultGif
ParryWinGif AbilitiesGif

:axe: Resource Collection and Crafting
A complete inventory and trading system allows for players to collect game world resources, craft them into useful battle items, and collect rare weapons and pets. Capture a wild Chipmunk to have a partner in finding those helpful materials!
BerryGatherGif CraftingGif

:unicorn: Rare Pets that Fight with You!
Wolves can Knockback and Butterflies can Heal. Level up your pets and bring them to the Royal Knight to enchant them and brag to your friends! Who knows what other wild animals will wonder into the 3 realms? Can you find the Fabled Dragicorn?
WildPetCaptureGif ButterflyHealGif

:chart_with_upwards_trend: Advanced Abilities
Take the Keep and steal the King’s chest to loot additional weapons. Special Neon Paintbrushes allow you to turn your weapons/pets Neon and Saddles give the capability Ride any pet into battle! Set yourself apart as an elite knight of the realm!!
NeonButterflyGif PetMountGif

:trophy: Conclusion
Thank you for reading my post! Leave a comment below with your feedback and tips on what can be improved or how we can better market the game. This has been a goal in my life since childhood and our family has had loads of fun making it a reality. Thank you and have fun in Take the Keep!!

Click to Play Now!
TTKLogoPilot2

10 Likes

This topic belongs in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback, but this game looks pretty good! Congrats to you and your team. I hope whatever feedback you receive motivates you guys’ to keep going and keep up the good work.

My bit of feedback would be to add custom idle animations, as they are your typical R15 animations. Other than that, that’s all I have. Good luck!

2 Likes

I really love the game and its ideas! To give honest feedback, I’d say that the UI can be a bit overwhelming for a new player. Otherwise, I feel that we need more quality projects on Roblox, and this is definitely one of them. Great job! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually seen this today while browsing, I looked at the game page but thats as far as I got. I did favorite it so maybe I’ll check it out some blater time.

Best of luck to you guys.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sorry for the incorrect section post - I’ll move it now!

I’m having trouble with a low likes rating. Any suggestions as to what is causing the dislikes? I’m considering it is maybe server lag as we aren’t professionals on the scripting optimization?

1 Like

A little feedback from me from the Tutorial place:

1. Chopping trees seemed to have CanCollide on after they were chopped and Transparent
  2. Chopping logs, the UI did not update progress making me think it was broken, but it did complete
  3. The Backpack icon does not match the feel of the game or the icons on the left hand side
  4. When a taskis completed, shake the Tasks icon to notify the player there is something to claim
  5. The wood chopping UI seems slow to react to clicks, resulting in multiple misses. It is also not entirely obvious how to do it.
  6. If I hit a flower with a sword I think it should disappear in a shower of petals. It would look nice.
  7. Rock hill in the tutorial place shpould be climbable. At the moment it looks like CollisionFideltity is set to Box
  8. Network Receive data is very high, ie an average of 110Kb/s. Look at making effects like rotating coins a client sided tween.

It feels as if it hasn’t been fully tested (ie a full play through multiple times) or tested with people from outside of the dev team.

For performance, the obvious things like removing CanTouch, CanQuery, CanCollide fort items that don’t need it can greatly help. Also press F9 in game and check the script performance metrics

1 Like

I think it’s really important to hook players: most of Roblox’s player base is pretty young.

I think a lot of the UI and controls could be simplified, for example, I think logs should automatically be picked up and cutting logs should automatically move onto the next log (and the only button should be to stop cutting logs).

I also think the tutorial could be simplified and made more clear. Perhaps you could use beams to direct players where to go for each step. Maybe you could start the player off with a few logs, and just have them cut one. Another thing is to give players a progress bar for how much of the tutorial is left. At each step, players don’t know if the tutorial could have a dozen more steps or if it’s almost done. Signposting is a very important part of engaging presentation.

Take for example Pirate 101’s tutorial: they start you off right in the main story line, fighting enemies, and give you access to some later-game attacks that are fun to play with and look awesome. The first few minutes of the game show the player how fun the game can be with the game’s best parts (strategy, narrative, combat, etc), and get the player’s hooked.

Maybe you could start your game with a short term goal (ex: cut logs to make a weapon) and give players a taste of your game’s fun content (sword fighting, pets, siege weapons, etc) at the very beginning.

I imagine the dislikes might come from players joining the game based on the videos, then the start is fairly slow and simulator-like. The way you introduce players to a game is very important on platforms like Roblox, and it’s very important to have an engaging start.

Thank you both greatly for your feedback! I’ll take all of this into consideration for near-term updates!! If anyone else has any thoughts please don’t hesitate to provide them.