Fantastic Frontier: A Special Development Announcement

A Special Development Announcement

Written by Gorbachelli

Dear friends and fans of Fantastic Frontier. . .

Development has been going very well, and while there is still more to do, we are here today to announce a few exciting things. Good news awaits! Stay tuned till the end of the post!

The last update was the Spring Update, released in April 2019. It’s been about two years and some change since then. Quite a long time without an update, especially for a Roblox game, right?

So why’s it taking so long, Gorba!? Well, heheheh.

Because we’re making the best update ever! We’ve stepped up our game! We didn’t want to just pump out the same old stuff we’ve made before. We wanted to try harder, and make something even better than before! Something truly special.

At first, we were unsure of where to take the development of FF. We took our time, relaxed, and took some time off working back then. Then around early 2020, we started having new ideas. Inspiration struck and the update began taking shape into something incredible, and my heart was alight with the ideas and messages I wanted to bring to the game.

So we set off, working after that point with clear intentions. Eventually we knew this would be the biggest update for Fantastic Frontier, and in a way, a final sendoff for the story of this amazing game. We knew we had a ton of work ahead of us, and it scared me at times how much there was to do, and how much we kept adding. Development was hard at times, and we had plenty to overcome.

Yet we have overcome.

Almost all the major pieces of the update are complete! Bosses, huge new areas, towns, mini-games and stories, new weapons, characters, armor and clothing and more… All of them pretty much done! There are only two major things left to do:

1. The final part of the story and quest. (Cutscenes and some technical stuff)

2. And then tying everything together, finalizing all the content we’ve already made and getting it ready to release. Finishing up what needs to be done! A variety of small features that need finishing, and doing all the stuff you have to do at the end of an update (Bug fixing, putting in items in there proper places and adding items to shops/rewards/etc.)

Pure Determination. . .

So we’ve got some work left to do. I know many of you wish this update was out. I do too! In fact, I’m pretty sure me and Spectrabox want it to be out the most. So know this: We do our best, day after day, determined to make this update something truly fantastic.

However, life isn’t always simple. The past two years have been tough for the world, Spectrabox and I included. We’ve had our hardships, and we’ve had our time to grow and think. We had thought the update would be out sooner at times, but our path was shaped in a different way.

You see, there isn’t a day that goes by where me and Spectrabox don’t think about Fantastic Frontier. Even when we take a day or two off, we are constantly thinking about the game and preparing for it. It has been a burden and a blessing to carry all this time. It has taught us much, and I have found peace in working on a project that is so challenging and large, it seems almost a lifetime journey.

So we press on, as always.

We will continue to work hard. And soon enough indeed. . . It will all be ready.

A Special Announcement. . .

With all that said, we are happy to announce a tentative release date. We are aiming to release the update early next year! Hopefully either in January or soon after that!

Game development is tricky and can be unpredictable. We are not going to release a game that has content left unfinished. And there’s only two of us! So this is just a window of time we estimate it to be done. It may take longer. We appreciate your patience, and hope you understand.

Closer to release time, we will announce an official release date. We will also announce the name of the update at that time. We hope to see you then!

Pic of the Week Announcement!

Leading all the way up to release, we are pleased to announce we will be posting a “Pic of the Week” each Monday on Spectrabox’s Twitter! Starting this coming Monday, 10/4/2021!

These will be small teaser pictures, showcasing a small amount of content. We want to keep all the major content a surprise, so these images won’t reveal too much. However, we hope that it will get everyone excited about the upcoming update, and give people a small peek into what we’ve been working on!

When the official release date is announced, we will start revealing the bigger pieces of content! So look forward to that too!

We are nearing the finish line, friends, and now I ask that you support us and lend us your energy along the way. Just as you have for so long already. I cannot thank you enough, truly, for the way the community has helped us along the way. So enjoy your time, prepare your gear, play other games, train your body and mind, experience life, and follow your heart.

And then we can experience that special day together!

Love, Gorbachelli
And good day from Spectrabox

167 Likes